Author Topic: TD Jakes: No surprise to anyone who's been paying attention.  (Read 657 times)

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
  • Belief: Christian
TD Jakes: No surprise to anyone who's been paying attention.
« on: January 14, 2024, 05:23:18 AM »
A few weeks ago, apparently a story broke, where (in)famous prosperity "gospel" personality "bishop" TD Jakes was outed as being involved with a lot of young men, even a few under legal age. That one actually came as little surprise to me, especially when he was galivanting around with a few well known people in hollywood (enough said), but the thing I found interesting was the reaction to it, as in a lot of people were surprised, as if no one ever saw it possible that he was capable of this.

Two quick an easy lesson to take away from this, number one, I dare say fame is poisonous. If everyone is speaking well of you, you're doing something very wrong, and when someone is spoken highly of in the entertainment circles, then there's every chance they are of the world and not of God, or as some places in the USA say "Lie down with dogs and you'll eventually get up with fleas".

Point two, and I know Chris has said this a number of times but there are sill WAY too many people that do this, respecting persons is sin, as James states in Chapter 2:

2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, [the Lord] of glory, with respect of persons.
2:2 For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;
2:3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit
here under my footstool:
2:4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom
which he hath promised to them that love him?
2:6 But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
2:7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?
2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

I'd also like to point out in 2:7 that James says they also blaspheme the name by which we are called. For those of you who aren't familiar, the prosperity gospel has two gods, money and themselves, they're the quintessential example of the section in 2 Peter Chapter 2:

2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation
slumbereth not.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.