Author Topic: A Black Man's Racist Feelings  (Read 6077 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
A Black Man's Racist Feelings
« on: February 25, 2020, 09:59:25 AM »

DAMON FROM WASHINGTON DC

Hello and praised the Lord I was listening to your study on Martin Luther King Jr, I must say I agree on 90% of your articles but I was a little disappointed by your comments about black people and the affects of slavery that we should just get over it I thought it was a little insensitive and very hurtful! Am I angry at you no not at all I just would like to point out that being a white pastor and down playing the effects of slavery might cause some to be Slavery has affected the black race and white privileged and white supremacy has played and is playing a major role in our society and culture. Do we hold on to this with malice and anger no not if we are true born again believers in Christ I do not hate my white brothers and sisters but I can recognize the system isn't fair and we as black people must fight and survive in this unjust system that's called America! We have God given rights yes we do! also at the same time life in America isn't fair not even a little bit. Please don't take this as whining or kicking it's just the truth as a black person in this Country! I email you in love my brother and even if we don't agree I pray that we meet in those pearly Gates one day

From Damon your brother Keep fighting the good faith

https://www.cpt.org/files/Undoing%20Racism%20-%20Understanding%20White%20Privilege%20-%20Kendall.pdf

Thought this article shared a lot on how lots of blacks feel I don't agree on everything! I pray that if you get a chance to read it it will give you a little insight

Hello and praised the Lord I was listening to your study on Martin Luther King Jr, I must say I agree on 90% of your articles but I was a little disappointed by your comments about black people and the affects of slavery that we should just get over it I thought it was a little insensitive and very hurtful!
I do not see a quote of what I said, so I unless you provide a quote with exactly what I said (word-for-word, not paraphrasing what you simply believe I said), and then explain exactly what words I said that you had a problem with, then I want to directly state I do not care about your personal feelings and vague opinions. I don't want either of us to have our time wasted, so I'm being direct with you. My job to the Lord Jesus Christ is to tell the truth, and if you do not like that, you are free to depart and go find content somewhere else.

Am I angry at you no not at all
If you were not upset, you would not have written this email, so please don't stand on pretense. People who are not angry with me do not have to tell me that they are not angry because their words will reflect the truth.
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
-Matthew 15:18

Flattering lips does not help anyone.
Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men. They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.
-Psa 12:1-2

I prefer it when people speak to me openly, honestly, and directly. If you can do that from this point on, I would appreciate it because it will save us both a lot of time.

I just would like to point out that being a white pastor and down playing the effects of slavery might cause some to be
Your comments are so vague, misleading, and based on assumptions, it's going to take a number of points to unravel them:
1. In over a decade of ministry, I don't recall ever claiming to be a pastor, so the fact that you made that assumption is concerning about how you approach subject matter based on what you believe, rather than what is being said. That's not good. It furthermore indicates to me that you probably have not listened to anything else I have ever taught; so when someone writes me upset about political topics after a single teaching, you probably will not last very long with us.
2. So long as I was speaking the truth, my comments should not matter whether I was white or black, so the fact that you are looking at the skin color of the person who is making the comments is showing your racism, and you need to judge yourself on that matter:
For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
-1Co 11:31

3. The phrase "down playing the effects of slavery" is a vague and/or false accusation. It's impossible to comment on that because no one can read your mind, and furthermore, you did not quote what I said and comment specifically on it in detail. By that statement alone, I can tell it is going to be very difficult to have a conversation with you.
4. That is not a complete sentence. I cannot even tell what you are trying to say. You're putting all these images (emojis) in your letter, some of which are not even coming through (i.e. they appear as boxes on my screen), and I don't speak emoji. You need to speak plainly like everyone else if you want to continue this conversation.

Slavery has affected the black race and white privileged and white supremacy has played and is playing a major role in our society and culture. 
Black people are ridiculously privileged in American culture. Perhaps things are different in Washington DC, because DC is not technically part of the United States. (i.e. It's a corporation of it's own, it's not part of any state.)
I have talked with people like you before (i.e. the kind who rely on their opinions instead of facts), so I know you will try to twist my words if I do not provide some disclaimers; therefore, I will say that your comments definitely would have been accurate a few hundreds years ago in some U.S. cities and states, it certainly is accurate in other countries around the world (e.g. Libya, which has an open slave trade to this day), and there are some strange neo-nazi white supremacist groups out there, but in the U.S., black people are given all kinds of privileges no one else gets. In fact, I would say an American black woman is the most privileged creature to ever walk the face of the earth, and if you do not understand that, then either you do not understand what the word 'privilege' means, or you are willingly blind to what's going on around you. If you let me know which one is the problem, I can address that and help you understand (i.e. assuming you even want to understand).
(I wrote a book exposing feminism, in which I discuss the topic of black women briefly with statistics; it's free-to-read here: Feminism: Castrating America)

Just to give an example, take something like affirmative action, which is a U.S. regulation that allows black people specifically to get into colleges and careers at a MUCH lower standard than everyone else. Not only do black people end up receiving positions in colleges and jobs that they did not earn and do not deserve, but white people who worked harder and have scored better are being rejected from some of these positions because affirmative action quotas have to be met. (i.e. That's called black privilege.) Furthermore, statistically, a LOT of those black people who were accepted to these institutions through affirmative action end up failing or quitting because their work ethic was not originally high enough to allow them to grow and flourish in those fields, and on top of that, it's not just whites that are being under-privileged because of such regulations, but other cultures (like Asians) as well.
(See Lia Eustachewich, "Harvard's Gatekeeper Reveals SAT Cutoff Scores Based on Race," New York Post, Oct 17, 2018, retrieved Feb 24, 2020, [https://nypost.com/2018/10/17/harvards-gatekeeper-reveals-sat-cutoff-scores-based-on-race/])

I normally do not send people to outside sources like this, but I do not have a teaching specifically on racism yet, so for now, I will refer you to an open, unedited public debate on a college campus concerning this matter, where anyone was allowed to come up and debate the host.
PART 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfEk8UJIwTc
PART 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZheWh1cMOFM
I do not agree with this host on everything he teaches, but I agree with the host that such things are black privilege, and they are racist. So that's just one of many examples that could be given to demonstrate how privileged black-skinned people are in America today, and they get far more advantages than white people do, so your statements are very racist against white-skinned people, whether you understand it or not. In summary, the problem for all skin colors in America comes down to morality and work ethic, not skin color.
The Christian Work Ethic

Do we hold on to this with malice and anger no not if we are true born again believers in Christ
If you were born again in Christ, then you would not be holding on to such racist bitterness, which means you would not have had a need to write me this letter in the first place. I cannot say if you are born again in Christ or if you are just a churchgoer at this point, because I don't have enough information about the doctrine you believe. (i.e. Simply claiming you are a Christian does not automatically make you one -- SEE HERE for more details.) Perhaps you should let go of your malice and anger so you won't end up making racist comments like you have in this letter.
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
-James 1:26
And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
-Acts 17:26

I do not hate my white brothers and sisters but I can recognize the system isn't fair and we as black people must fight and survive in this unjust system that's called America!
All this statement tells me is that you have been brainwashed very deeply, especially since you look at color first before truth. In fact, the black Christians in our church would argue against you because you are simply not informed, and I have had many conversations with them on these, and various other subjects along this line. I am not going to comment with further detail to someone who makes vague accusations that just follows the mainstream communist political agenda; you need to actually bring evidence to the table, not your feelings and opinions.

We have God given rights yes we do! also at the same time life in America isn't fair not even a little bit. Please don't take this as whining or kicking it's just the truth as a black person in this Country!
Do you know why you had to request that I not take your letter as whining and kicking like an emotionally-enraged toddler? That's because you are writing your letter as if are you are whining and kicking like an emotionally-enraged toddler. This does NOT mean that you are an emotionally-enraged toddler, but it IS providing evidence of it, and not only have you set a very bad first impression, you are not helping your argument by doing so.

If you believe America is not fair to you, then move to Libya, and I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip.

I email you in love my brother and even if we don't agree I pray that we meet in those pearly Gates one day
I have no idea what your beliefs are, so I cannot agree to that until I understand what you believe. It's not a good idea to just assume that everyone who says they are a Christian is automatically saved.
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
-Matthew 7:21-23

Why Millions of Believers on Jesus Are Going to Hell

I cannot tell what you believe, so I have no idea if you are a born again Christian, or a just a churchgoer.

https://www.cpt.org/files/Undoing%20Racism%20-%20Understanding%20White%20Privilege%20-%20Kendall.pdf
Thought this article shared a lot on how lots of blacks feel I don't agree on everything! I pray that if you get a chance to read it it will give you a little insight

This reveals a lot about you, namely, that I was correct that you base your statements on your personal feelings and vague opinions, instead of facts. The article you sent me had ZERO statistical information. It was all opinions, and even the references in it were only quotes of opinions, not study or fact. Furthermore, the source website where that comes from is very strange because true peace is only made through acknowledgment of the truth, and that's why Jesus did not say that He came to bring peace, but rather, division.
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
-Luke 12:51

If you want to understand the reason for that, this teaching can help:
The Biblical Understanding of Sanctification

If I simply gave my feelings and opinions about Martin Luther King Jr. in my teaching, and did not back anything up with facts, you would have determined that I was a racist, and you would have had a good reason to accuse me of it. And yet, when you present me with nothing but feelings and opinions, I am expected to believe you are not a racist. You know why that is? It's called black privilege. Believe it or not, your black skin does not make you immune to being a racist, and your letter contains racist and uninformed comments, so I follow the evidence (i.e. by judging righteous judgment), not the outward appearance you want me to believe.
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
-John 7:24

Unbiblical Cop-Outs: 'Don't Judge Me!'

Unless you present me with direct quotes from my teaching, explaining what specifically I said that you had a problem with, and provide evidence instead of "whining and kicking," then I have no reason to respond to you further. I am one person working on all this, so I am busy, and I need to get back to work. Nonetheless, I hope you have a great day, and if you decide to put in the effort to provide proper quotations, explanations (in English, not emojis), and factual, statistical information and studies (like how I did in the MLKJ article), then I would be much more inclined to continue with you in that conversation.

[As a side note, he did not stop using emojis in his following two short emails, which means he either did not read my entire letter, or he was doing it out of spite.]

Christopher Johnson, Thank you for reply I will just say my prayers are with you!

TEN MINUTES LATER...

Christopher Johnson, just so you know I've been listening to your teachings all week have learn a lot! Lord knew my heart when I reached out to you! So know that I'm not angry nor am I mad at all. God bless you and your family

That was not a response, that was a cop-out. Just to make sure you understand what that means:
cop-out (n): an instance of avoiding a commitment or responsibility
In other words, you are avoiding responsibility for what you said. You know you can skate by and avoid it over email, but I warn you, for your own sake, that you will not escape responsibility when you stand in judgment before the Living God.
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
-Mat 12:36

And yes, He knows the wickedness of your heart when you reached out to me.
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
-Jer 17:9
He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
-Pro 28:26

I will not waste anymore time with someone who is going to do this slap-n-run garbage, especially after he tries to hide behind flattering words. That's what the Bible calls "murmuring," and God hates it. I pray that the Lord God would give you as much mercy and longsuffering as He has given me.
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
-Luke 13:3

Is Repentance Part of Salvation?

END OF EXCHANGE

I did some research on the information I received with this man's email address, and I believe I found his Facebook profile. It had his same first and last name, it was in his general area where he said he lived, and his email username was associated with footwear sales, and the Facebook profile I found says he was a personal trainer. I cannot be 100% certain, so I will not share the profile link, but he would have comments that spoke of "God," but everything else on his profile was either incredibly worldly and sinful (like violent and wicked movies and music), or it was church-ianity staples like new-age churchgoer's movies and music. So, if that was his profile, that tells me a lot about why he wrote me this letter; he claims to be of Christ on the outside, but inwardly, he holds the philosophy of the world.

Frankly, his comments in his email should have made him ashamed. The fact that any American today, especially one who claims with his mouth to follow Christ, would try to use slaves from hundreds of years ago to justify their whining, communist-leaning emotions ought to be an embarrassment, and they should be ashamed of themselves, but instead, they glory in their shame because their minds are focused on earthly things.

Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.
-Phl 3:19

Nonetheless, it seems my initial suspicion was correct; he has not hardly listened to anything I teach, and once he gets to the subject of repentance, he will likely depart and not return. It is very difficult to get American churchgoers to hear the Gospel of Christ nowadays, especially when they, on the one hand, believe they are sanctified in Christ, while they, on the other hand, believe they are free and justified to speak and do whatever sinful thing they please.
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
-Col 2:8

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
Re: A Black Man's Racist Feelings
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 12:29:45 PM »
There are so many groups that prey on these kinds of emotions. I am not sure if you have had any encounters with the black hebrew Israelite group, it is hard not to online, but I would not be surprised if he has gotten some of his ideas from them. Truthuneditted is a channel on yt that I learned a lot on paganism. He said he came out of this movement, however he had a video later that showed he still held onto black people being the true Israelites and using Deuteronomy 28 as justification why slavery happened. That was apparent emotion was still driving him, so I backed away.

Truth in History was another yt channel I came across. They say that the anglo saxons are the true Israelites. Backed away after that too.

I do not understand this fascination with races. For God said:

1 Timothy 1:4 - Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith

There are no races in Christ. for we are all one.

Galatians 3: 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 05:03:08 PM »
Races in America is a joke. I never knew true races tell I step out of America. Let's just say black people do not come here very often for pleasure. The Asian countries has this philosophy of white skin is so beautiful but darker skin is dirty. 

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 11:02:36 PM »
I used to talk about stuff like this all the time (I.e. too much) and I still do when it is relevant for the conversation. It's still sad how people can fall for such an obvious lie and yet some people take this even further. They say racism is evil yet they are racist while trying claim they are incapable of being so. They say segregation is evil yet many are beginning to either self segregate or forcing others to do it. They all prove one thing: God is right about judgement and hypocrites. I pray that at least some will learn this but I also know how many are so hardcore on this issue.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 01:23:14 PM »
South Africa also has affirmative action policies and when I tell people that it's just doing what apartheid (a South African policy that favoured whites and discriminated against all people of color in varying degrees) did they claim it is the only way to "redress the wrongs of the past" i.e. I am an idiot or a "coconut" (brown outside, white inside or some kind of sell out). This week I found out that university entrance requirements for medicine (maybe other courses) are ridiculously higher for whites and those of Asian descent.
In this country race is a divisive issue that raises emotions and lessens reason and it is a favourite tool of politicians.
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 01:47:18 PM »
Do they really say that over there? I mean, the term "coconut?" That's really a thing?

I have never really studied apartheid much at all, so I never considered that, yeah, you are a correct; affirmative action is just the same shoe on the other foot.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 02:15:26 PM »
This week I found out that university entrance requirements for medicine (maybe other courses) are ridiculously higher for whites and those of Asian descent.
In this country race is a divisive issue that raises emotions and lessens reason and it is a favourite tool of politicians.

It's the same in the states for all university entrance exams except Asians have to score higher than whites. I always wondered why it was the students from China throwing off the curve in my chemistry courses, but I didn't understand until I learned about affirmative action. It gave me the slanted view that all Chinese people were really intelligent, no just the smartest were able to enter the college.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2020, 05:51:49 PM »
In New Zealand the Maori have lower criteria for getting in to academia such as Medical School and various of the other Health Sciences and quite likely other professional courses too.  The government also provides more financial assistance to get Maori in to home ownership.

We have the same phrase here of 'coconut', i.e. brown on the outside and white on the inside.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2020, 06:58:21 PM »
If you go to any government service agency here, be it medical, the court system, or whatever, one of the first questions they ask (and have posted on signs all over the walls) is if you're of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent. They get preferential treatment here, too, supposedly to 'make up for' the Europeans slaughtering so many of them when they came here.

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 12:41:51 PM »
"Coconut" is a very popular term in South Africa. It seems to me that if a person of colour shows signs of independent thought and/ action and "they're trying to be white".
Two-tone shoe was used as well although I haven't heard that one in a very long time.

Right now, the government seems to be making serious moves to take white farmers' lands without compensation (a bill may be signed this year). They are calling it "expropriation without compensation". All I see is South Africa potentially becoming like its neighbour, Zimbabwe, because a similar decision was the beginning of the end of their economy. A country once known as "The Breadbasket of Africa" becoming a land where daily life is a struggle.

Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2020, 04:52:53 PM »
Was it the one place who took all the land and business away from any one who was not of there "blood" and gave it to the people that were of the native of the land? If I remember right everyone left not of there kind and the land fell to its knees.

Dedrick Lewis

• CLE Church Members
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 8
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dedrick
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2020, 02:49:15 PM »
Hey I know I havent post in eons and this post is a over week old but I would like to go through Damon letter to Chris as well just to provide some insight from myself.
(This took me an extremely long time to get it to where it is and I'm sure theres still some mistakes. I hope what I'm saying is clear enough for everyone to understand)

Hello and praised the Lord I was listening to your study on Martin Luther King Jr, I must say I agree on 90% of your articles but I was a little disappointed by your comments about black people and the affects of slavery that we should just get over it I thought it was a little insensitive and very hurtful!

I've gone back and read the Martian Luther King article to find where exactly Damon is talking about and I honestly dont know what he is referring to. I even type in the search bar, "get over it" and "slavery" to see if Chris said anything along those lines and I found nothing. So I will say this: upon a first reading i felt a similar way. That feeling did not last long after gaining a full grasp of the point Chris was trying to get across in a particular section.

( http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/wolf-mlkj.php  you'll find this area I'm quoting in the  "What Does Communism Have To Do With Civil Rights Movements")

Certainly, it is wrong to deny someone employment based on the color of their skin, but now let's look at this from a government and Bill of Rights perspective. The question here is about rights, who has them, and who lost them. The question is this: "Did the black man lose his rights because he was denied a job based on the color of his skin?"

Most Americans will want to instictively say "Yes," but then I would ask, "What specific rights did he lose?" Did the black man lose his right to have a job? No. Did he lose his right to earn a wage? No. Did he lose his right to speak out about it? No. The black man never lost one of his rights in the process, but fighting against that type of racism is referred to as a battle for "civil rights," which means something is very wrong here.

Another right the black man has is to protest not being hired based on the color of his skin, but now we have to ask, what is the end result of that protest? Does the business owner change his mind after he sees the protest? No. So what good does the protesting do? Protests almost never sway someone's opinion, and so the only thing protesting does is cause enough trouble that will result in government intervention (we will cover more on that later), and that is the very heart of the problem.

Once the government gets involved, the only thing they can do is FORCE the business owner, through laws and regulations with consequences (e.g. fines, jail time, etc), to hire the black man. Now we ask another question: "Did the business owner lose his rights?" Yes. The business owner lost his right to decide who he can hire and who he can serve, and now we have a system of government that takes complete control over a man's investments (time and money) in the business he built with his own hands, which is exactly the goal of the Communist Party.

As I said, reading this at first was a bit difficult for me. A black man being denied a job because of his skin color is definitely racist. However to read that a racist can deny him a job due to being racist and be sanctioned by law too is just something that didn't sit well with me. Every now and then the law does protect wicked people during their wrong doings. Yet I needed to realize that once you give a governmental entity the power to take away basic rights of the people such as private property ownership, you have a much bigger problem than just some wicked people being racist. You now have an entity that can take almost whatever it sees fit at any time. My point in talking about this is that yes the after effects of slavery and segregation are hurtful. However we have to keep in mind what was the overall agenda the civil rights movement was used for. As Chris pointed out is to give the government the power to take control of private property from people whenever they feel like it. That's a far more extreme of losing rights than someone not getting a job due to their skin color.

(Continuing on with the letter)

Am I angry at you no not at all I just would like to point out that being a white pastor and down playing the effects of slavery might cause some to be Slavery has affected the black race and white privileged and white supremacy has played and is playing a major role in our society and culture.

I do not have a complete understanding of what he is saying here because what he typed is mainly a big sentence fragment. What I think he is basically telling Chris is: "You shouldnt down play the effects of slavery because you're a white man". Again I read over the article again and I don't recall seeing Chris down playing the effects of slavery. More importantly, what does Chris skin color have to do with anything? The bible tells us that

Acts 17:26 KJV
And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

So what's the problem with Chris giving any insight? Well the thing is, in the minds of many black people, you are automatically unqualified to criticize any kind of struggle that African Americans have endured while being in America because everyone else is more privileged. That especially goes for anyone who is white. So if you didn't get what i said; in a nutshell you're not allowed to critic the civil rights movement or MLK etc questioning black history in general because you're too privileged if you're not black. You dont understand the struggle. That's the over all mindset. And if you are black and you question those things then you're a trader/deserter or something along those lines.

Do we hold on to this with malice and anger no not if we are true born again believers in Christ I do not hate my white brothers and sisters but I can recognize the system isn't fair and we as black people must fight and survive in this unjust system that's called America! We have God given rights yes we do! also at the same time life in America isn't fair not even a little bit. Please don't take this as whining or kicking it's just the truth as a black person in this Country!

Well I'll openly say as a black man that lives in America my life has been relatively easy. I've been stopped a total of 3 times by the police. Twice for speeding, once for a misunderstanding. I've never been sent to prison or wrongfully convicted. I've always had food to eat and a place to stay. Plus I technically work for the government myself. My point is I have yet to truly experience this unfair system that holds black Americans down. My overall family (both mother and father side) have been very successful and that's because despite this unfair system they worked very hard to achieve the life they live. My point in saying this is that my family as black americans are very successful and its been because they have worked hard despite the "unfair" system. Mind you my mother father aunts and uncles were born in the 1950s-60s. Not one of them as I can recall gave excuses that times were too rough with racism for them to be successful. They just worked hard for what they have today. If there is anything holding the majority of black Americans from progressing, I'd say its laziness and an unwillingness to admit to the reality of what's happening. That reality is that black American people are doing more harm to the black community than white Americans or the unfair American system. Many black Americans especially on the young generation side steal, kill, lie, and fornicate to people they arent married to. Thus creating single parent homes. they do all this to other fellow black american people while complaining about the system being unfair to them. There is very little responsibility being taken when it comes to black on black crimes or black American incarcerations rates being higher statistically than any other nationality in America. Instead the blame goes to police brutality and racism. Yes I'm well aware that there are those who have been wrongfully arrested by corrupt officers and even shot and killed at the hands of a scared rookie police officer. I don't excuse those individuals as they are also a big part of the problem as well. However neither do I excuse the many black Americans who live violent sinful lives making life difficult for themselves and others.

I email you in love my brother and even if we don't agree I pray that we meet in those pearly Gates one day

I took some time to read the article he posted and in a nutshell it's a woman describing where white privilege comes from and how it is bestowed upon them at birth, and most of it is nonsense if you take the time to read it. It could honestly be a thursday discussion or thread discussion on it's own.

(I had more typed but I think it was to much and when I finally posted this it ended up being cut short at the tail end)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 02:52:35 PM by Dedrick Lewis »

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2020, 06:02:40 PM »
The discussion on this last night was great!  Thank you Dedrick for speaking with us about it. I am still stunned that lady thought she knew so much about racism.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13