Author Topic: Scoffing New-Age Bible Version User Refuses to Hear  (Read 4717 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Scoffing New-Age Bible Version User Refuses to Hear
« on: November 08, 2019, 11:12:56 AM »

TYLER FROM ALASKA:

What I don't understand is how you would justify the KJB argument to foreigners or different cultures who translate the Bible into their own language. For example...

In the incredible story of Bruce Olsen, the tribe he was led by the Spirit to bring Christ to had zero understanding of anything beyond their own origin stories and culture. So in the ground-breaking moment of Revelation, after having lived with them for years, Bruce was able to share the Gospel in a way that they could actually understand by employing one of their own stories to embody it. The end result? Incredible transformation by the Spirit and the first name for Jesus becoming "Man who became ant and died".

This is quite common in different parts of the world. Again, in the parable in Matthew of building your house on the sand or rocks, this tribe who had come to know Jesus personally REFUSED to believe that Jesus would encourage someone to build their house on the rocks because only a fool would build their hut on rocks rather than rich deep sand into which they they could sink their poles for stability.

You get it? It wasn't the exact word for word understanding of the scripture but the Truth of God's Word was sustained and heard by them. Build your house on the foundation that doesn't move--for them and their only understanding of building, this meant sand NOT rocks.

You heard of Ray Comfort? He made a Bible called the Evidence Bible and used KJB but had it slightly altered it so it could read better (no thous and thees). When defending the text he simply said if a Russian family became saved and then needed a Bible to read, would you force them to first learn English then learn a type of English that is even more difficult to understand? No, you wouldn't. You'd give them a translation in their own language, which is going to be literally different than an English KJB.

I'd also like to point out that the KJB has been used for some of the most disastrous blasphemies of the Spirit and God in the history of mankind--proof that a translation in itself is not protection against misunderstanding of God's perfect Word. So there is great concern for you to claim that while a different translation is not a salvation issue, it is in fact a heart issue. What does this mean? How can some of the greatest works of Christ in the world today and the most genuine acts of kindness and love be read, preached, understood, and propagated by translations that are not the KJB? What would you say to the tribe that not only doesn't use the KJB but has the parable in Matthew changed so it reads to encourage the building of a house on the sand?

Please consider these things in their entirety, and looking forward to hearing from you! I am not bashing the KJB, just seriously questioning the belief that it is the purest and most noble translation, and that those who choose to read it are in fact more pure and noble in heart themselves. (This idea in itself seems to be rooted in a righteousness that is aside from the righteousness of Christ in you).

What I don't understand is how you would justify the KJB argument to foreigners or different cultures who translate the Bible into their own language. For example...
I have no idea who you are or what you actually believe, but it seems I was just thrust into the middle of a conversation we were not having.

In the incredible story of Bruce Olsen, the tribe he was led by the Spirit to bring Christ to had zero understanding of anything beyond their own origin stories and culture. So in the ground-breaking moment of Revelation, after having lived with them for years, Bruce was able to share the Gospel in a way that they could actually understand by employing one of their own stories to embody it. The end result? Incredible transformation by the Spirit and the first name for Jesus becoming "Man who became ant and died".
What a great story, and I emphasize STORY. I hear stories all the time, and it turns out, many stories are not true. So far, you have not explained what it is you believe, you have thrust me into a conversation we were not having, and now have shown me that you believe whatever you hear, as long as it sounds good to you. In case you didn't see it, I just wanted to clarify that this is not a good first impression.
That being said, Paul used such things to the Greeks in Athens in Acts 17, however, what he did not do is pick up corrupted documentation of Christ's doctrine to teach those converts, which (based on your letter) seems to be what you are advocating.

This is quite common in different parts of the world. Again, in the parable in Matthew of building your house on the sand or rocks, this tribe who had come to know Jesus personally REFUSED to believe that Jesus would encourage someone to build their house on the rocks because only a fool would build their hut on rocks rather than rich deep sand into which they they could sink their poles for stability.
That depends on what you mean by "quite common." I have had actual correspondence (not hypothetical stories) with actual apostles (who you may know by the Catholic term "missionaries") who are in other countries and having a hard time getting the doctrine of Christ to the people due to the influence of those new-age bible versions you're defending.
There is another problem with doctrine that you're not seeing, and I can tell by your letter that you don't understand it. It's the fallacy that all those who claim to "believe on Jesus" are automatically born again Christians. This is not at all what Jesus taught because He spent a lot of time warning us of false converts who have a fake faith, and I cover more on that here:
Why Millions of Believers on Jesus Are Going to Hell
That is the actual gospel teaching of Christ, and if you cannot understanding that, then what bible version you're using is not going to matter at all.

You get it? It wasn't the exact word for word understanding of the scripture but the Truth of God's Word was sustained and heard by them. Build your house on the foundation that doesn't move--for them and their only understanding of building, this meant sand NOT rocks.
Well, I know you don't get it. The preacher you were talking about was foolish because he missed the key point of that doctrine:
And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
-Mat 7:26-27

If you believe that men can build their houses on sand, and survive floods in a storm, then you are just as foolish as the unbelieving preacher who taught these poor people that they should NOT trust what Jesus Christ said. Thereby, when they read the Word of God, they would only LOSE faith in Christ because of the influence of that foolish preacher. (Even if they put poles into sand, in order for them to remain, they would have to hit bedrock, and those tribes are not stupid; they understand that concept.) I cannot believe that a preacher who claims to have the wisdom of God would be so ignorant as to not be able to show those people a rock and sand and have them discern the difference between the two. And here you are, in your foolishness, writing this letter to try to convince me of this nonsense. Your letter would be almost unbelievable if I was not reading it firsthand. I should not be surprised after all the years of hearing this garbage, but it never ceases to amaze me how arrogant people become due their vain doctrines, trusting in the feelings of their own hearts instead of the truth, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
-Pro 28:26
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.
-Pro 21:2

You heard of Ray Comfort?
The same Ray Comfort from the leavened (i.e. corrupt) ministry Living Waters? I no longer recommend anything he produces. I'm not convinced he has been born again in Christ; I believe he's a false preacher based on a number of problems with his ministry, but most particularly, the fact that he has confessed that he has not come to actual repentance, and he contradicts himself in numerous places. I have a direct quote about that from Comfort documented on my website, and though I believe you will stand firm in willful blindness on the matter (because it seems like you highly revere Comfort), I will leave you a link to my teaching on that subject so you will not be able to speak honestly that I did not try to warn you of the danger:
Is Repentance Part of Salvation?

He made a Bible called the Evidence Bible and used KJB but had it slightly altered it so it could read better (no thous and thees).
You didn't read my teaching on the KJB. That revealed the truth. Did you skim it, just read a few paragraphs, or did you read the title and stop? One way or another, you're embarrassing yourself right now because you're answering the matter before you have heard it, and the Bible says you're a fool that should be ashamed of yourself.
He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
-Pro 18:13

Again, I don't believe for a second that you will read to understand, but I will give you the particular section in my teaching where I cover that topic, and why the thee's and thou's are so important. They're not there for artistic value, and perhaps you should try doing some actual research instead diving in headfirst while wearing a blindfold simply to justify yourself.
What's with the thees, thous, eths, and ests?
If you had read this first, you would know that Ray Comfort is also a fool, and if you think he's going to stand before God and not be guilty of his wrongdoing with his new-age version, you haven't studied the last chapter in the Bible.
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
-Rev 22:19

When defending the text he simply said if a Russian family became saved and then needed a Bible to read, would you force them to first learn English then learn a type of English that is even more difficult to understand? No, you wouldn't. You'd give them a translation in their own language, which is going to be literally different than an English KJB.
And I would say, "No." I have had email correspondence with many who have used a translation that was taken directly from the KJB, and used the KJB side-by-side to learn the English. (Again, not hypothetical stories, but actually correspondence with those who are experiencing this firsthand.) God had His Word completed in English for a reason, just as those who wanted to learn the law and prophets in the Old Testament had to learn Hebrew. I mean, did you honestly believe that God had His Word translated into every language in the Old Testament? Or have you not considered that before? Either way, your comments further demonstrate that you do not exhibit the spirit of one who is born again in Christ, because those of us who are know that we will go to any length to understand God's Word, no matter how far we must travel or how much studying we have to do.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
-2Ti 2:15

I'd also like to point out that the KJB has been used for some of the most disastrous blasphemies of the Spirit and God in the history of mankind--proof that a translation in itself is not protection against misunderstanding of God's perfect Word.
That's because you do not believe that God can, or did, preserve His Word. You can claim all you want to believe in the inspiration of the Scripture itself, but you have no reason to do so after what you just stated (i.e. inspiration is destroyed without preservation), meaning that you cannot justify what you believe. But I can justify what I believe because I haven't built my house on the sand. If you don't like that, then depart in peace, and have a great day.

So there is great concern for you to claim that while a different translation is not a salvation issue, it is in fact a heart issue. What does this mean?
I think your email is a fine example of what that means.
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
-Jer 17:9

How can some of the greatest works of Christ in the world today and the most genuine acts of kindness and love be read, preached, understood, and propagated by translations that are not the KJB? What would you say to the tribe that not only doesn't use the KJB but has the parable in Matthew changed so it reads to encourage the building of a house on the sand?
I already answered you according to your folly.
Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
-Pro 26:5

Depart in peace, and I hope have a great day.

Please consider these things in their entirety, and looking forward to hearing from you! I am not bashing the KJB,
Who are you trying to convince? Anyone who reads your letter can see your scorning and scoffing nature.
A scorner seeketh wisdom, and findeth it not: but knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth.
-Pro 14:6

I can see your heart by what you say, so for you to lie in order to keep up appearances does no one any good.
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
-Mat 15:18
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
-John 7:24

Please consider these things in their entirety.
God Does Not Justify Lies

just seriously questioning the belief that it is the purest and most noble translation, and that those who choose to read it are in fact more pure and noble in heart themselves. (This idea in itself seems to be rooted in a righteousness that is aside from the righteousness of Christ in you).
That is more deceptive venom dripping from your mouth because I never stated nor implied any such thing (i.e. your false accusation that I teach that I am "more pure and noble in heart" than others), and so you can take your wicked tongue back where you came from. We who are born again are worthless sinners who, through repentance (i.e. godly sorrow of wrongdoing) and faith in Christ, have been redeemed. (Mark 1:15) It is those who have little love for the Word of God that care little about it's preservation, which is why you would rather have a corrupt bible than a pure one, and that you scoff and scorn at those who would (by His grace of understanding) seek the pure Word of God, while lying through your lips to justify yourself.
These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
-Pro 6:16-19
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
-Luke 16:15

I pray the Lord Jesus Christ would be as longsuffering and merciful to you as He has been to me. Have a great day, and I hope you depart in peace.

I began to read your response and realized you are not a loving or kind man. Good luck with your religion Chris.
(Sent from my iPhone)

END OF EXCHANGE

I did not bother responding to his scoffing response because I suspected that's what he would do. (Hypocritically sending me an unloving and unkind response while accusing me of being unloving and unkind.) He was so lazy, he just typed it into his phone real quick out of spite, and as he admitted, he only read a small fraction of this letter (i.e. "I began to read your response"), made a quick decision based on his feelings, and refused to read any farther, and that's exactly what I suspect he did with my KJB teaching as well. (i.e. He answered the matter before he heard it.) I could see the lazy, scornful heart in his letter fairly quickly, and I suspect that even all the "stories" he was presenting in his letter was stuff he picked up from Ray Comfort, and I have learned to be very cautious with Comfort because he can be very deceptive due to his generally nice outward demeanor (kind of like Billy Graham).

For those who may read this and not understand, keep in mind that Ray Comfort is 501c3 incorporated, he yokes together with unbelieving and rebellious false preachers like Joyce Meyer and Kirk Cameron, confesses that he has not come to repentance (which I have documented in my teaching on repentance), and he also teaches people that they must turn from their sins to be saved (i.e. works doctrine), as you can see in this clip (it's a longer video, but the link will take you to the time stamp where Comfort says it): https://youtu.be/-_IomL6Wxfk?t=3m19s

For this man to say that salvation in droves from countries all over the world is "quite common," is to say that Jesus was wrong. This man is used to following Ray Comfort, who gives the impression that thousands of people are being saved every day, but Jesus said:

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
-Mat 7:13-14

There are still some being saved, as some in our church have testified to the conversion of some through God's grace to our evangelistic works, but we don't see masses flocking to the message of repentance (i.e. godly sorrow) and faith. Even if we did, we would be cautious moving forward with them because we would know by Christ's words that there is likely many false converts among them, as time would tell.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
Re: Scoffing New-Age Bible Version User Refuses to Hear
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 01:06:20 PM »
I do not know who this Bruce Olsen is but if his story is true I do not want to be standing next to him on judgment day. People like this make me so angry. How dare they change the bible to fit natives already existing believe. Catholic do the same thing. Where lamb of god was made to pig of god. They say no lamb or sheep life there so they use animals they know.

They are evil and lazy men who mouths need to be stopped.  I wouldn't trust what Bruce Olsen say about his work among the tribes. If he lie about the gospel to the tribe, then how much so his ti e alone with them? 

I have this problem here, not the tribes and to explain the gospel but men who clame to do the work of God change the gospel to fit the tribe already exists believe.  I do not understand why they think they can't understand the gospel.

Here is one example. Here they believe that spirits live in some trees. And they can take you and put you in the tree where they have there fantastic city's inside the tree. Well what the "missionary" would do I make the tree into heaven and god dwelling is in the tree.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
Re: Scoffing New-Age Bible Version User Refuses to Hear
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 05:56:33 PM »
The usual situation of people being too lazy to learn something new or do as instructed.

The Israelites had likely never seen anyone paint the blood of a lamb on their door frames before.  Failure to do as instructed and learn something new would have had the consequences of likely being dead by morning.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)