Author Topic: Atheist Thinks YouTube is the Place for Debate  (Read 2398 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Atheist Thinks YouTube is the Place for Debate
« on: November 09, 2020, 08:18:10 AM »
This letter was sent to me by a man named Tony from Australia, and this is the same "ptango" that came on to my old podcast show to debate against me on three separate occasions. I have not spoken to this man in many years, and so something must have triggered him to contact me, but his email was pointless, as you are about to see...

TONY FROM AUSTRALIA:

Wow you are one of those guys now who disables comments. One of the things that got me to talk to you on skyp all those years ago was the fact you were calling out atheists. You accused us of not having the courage of our convictions because we would not come on your show to discus it. Now you are that guy running from discourse. You are the one censoring descenting views. It great to see the Christian religion is still one of the most morally bankrupt ideologies around. Wow just wow dude. The disappointment is real

So, because I disabled YouTube comments, I am now "running from discourse?" I'm not sure if you are familiar with a logical fallacy called "hasty generalization," but you should look it up because that's exactly what you just did.

If you believe you can get real discourse on YouTube comments, I think you should look into some other mediums because YouTube comments are not where rational discussion takes place. Useless, brief comments (like that of this email you wrote me) is one of the many reasons I removed YouTube comments on videos, and since you have not made any statements that relate to anything that would resemble rational discourse in this email, I will bid you a good day because I have work to do, and such letters are just a waste of my time, especially coming from someone who (if I recall who you are) has never come up with a justification for good or evil in his own worldview. (i.e. It's hypocritical of you to talk about morality when you have no justification for your own.) I have already shown you the truth, you have rejected it, and so I have moved on to others who will listen instead of wasting my time with those who have no intent to listen.

I have no obligations to you, and you have your own Youtube channel where you are free to post anything you want, so have fun with that, and I hope you have a great day.

END OF DISCUSSION

I wish I had known more back when I had conversations with Tony and others on that podcast, but that was the better part of a decade ago, and there is nothing I can do about it now. However, one does not need a superb amount of knowledge to defeat an atheist in debate because their worldview is void of reason because they cannot justify reason, morals, logic, science, math, or any other related concept from an atheist perspective. Here is one of those debates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0LvOS8WDco

Also, here is my full teaching on atheism:
Everything You Need to Know About Atheism

You might notice that Tony seems courteous on the outside when he goes on a show, but once he is able to hide behind his computer, his true heart comes out and he gets vicious, which was clearly seen by the many YouTube comments and emails he used to send me; proving the Bible true once again, as you can see for yourself if you read the first chapter of Romans.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Atheist Thinks YouTube is the Place for Debate
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 09:33:39 AM »
I watched a little bit of the video. He had a few videos on his channel that talked about the debate and blasted you for circling back to the laws of logic issue. I am sure you have seen them by now. He just proved himself more of a fool. I consider it waste of time anyway to go on and on with atheists, including in the youtube comments section. I do not use the big words they use, so I am considered a fool in their eyes the second I open my mouth. However, God says they are the fool.

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good. Psalm 53:1

I have had some productive discourse with Christians and churchgoers in the past through comments; however, with Youtube's changes to the section, it's not worth it anymore. Delays in notifications, no notifications, and comments with links automatically being marked as spam for the content creator to review are just a few of the problems with these comments. I had gone to using the section to post mini gospel tracts, but even that is becoming difficult as lately it seems like any comment with scripture is automatically marked as spam.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.