Author Topic: Giants & the nephilim  (Read 10184 times)

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Giants & the nephilim
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2018, 10:22:57 PM »
What makes you believe that anything built before the flood would have survived that cataclysm? I don't think the 'fountains of the deep' were just water; it involved a whole lot of seismic and volcanic activity, as well. And although I can't prove it, I think that the origin of the mid-ocean ridges that go all the way around the planet is a result of the earth's crust breaking apart at that time.

The immense tides and currents created by this event would have had pretty much a scouring effect on all the land surfaces so I really don't believe anything manmade would have remained.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2018, 12:11:51 AM »
The constancy of the building practices of the stone walls etc are the same the world over with the interlocking blocks.  Also that the pyramid is a structure seen over the whole world.  Seafaring peoples wouldn't get the idea for a design from somewhere else, take it home, and then build something as useless as a pyramid that does nothing rather than something useful such as a big house or a palace.

After the cataclysm and then the separation of the people at the time of the futile building of the Tower Of Babel most people would have been so preoccupied with putting food on the table than to be building non-essential structures.  Especially to have been transporting such large blocks of stone that can't even be achieved with today's technology.  The structures are machined with high technology machines that can really only have been computer numerically controlled (CNC) and with diamond or other similar types of tips. 

Nobody made these with little copper chisels.  Note the perfect curve in the centre stone.

Somewhere along the time line was also the ice age just to make things even more difficult.

And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 01:19:55 AM »
I believe the ice age was actually caused by the flood. You have warm ocean water due to all the volcanic activity on the seafloor and land that reflects sunlight due to the lack of vegetation, which leads to high evaporation and more snow in the winter than what would melt in the summer. The snow and ice reflect even more sunlight which leads to more buildup.

It would have been during the ice age when much of the sea water would have been frozen so the continents were connected by land bridges and that much of the migration of people and animals all over the world took place. As the oceans cooled and vegetation started growing back more, the precipitation would have been less so the glaciers would first have stopped growing and then started receding. As they receded and the ice melted, the ability for further migration would have decreased until some lands (like Australia and New Zealand) were isolated altogether. What once were land bridges turned into island chains, like the Aleutians.

At the time of the Tower of Babel, people were already starting to build cities and at least one megalithic structure. Noah and his sons would have been skilled in at least carpentry (after spending 100 years building the ark), so who knows if they were skilled in stonework, as well. People had obviously relearned that craft by the time God felt the need to separate them, though. Remember, too, that people were still living quite a bit longer than they normally do today, even though they weren't living as long as they did before the flood.

People naturally want to congregate, so I don't believe that all nations were nomadic, to begin with. They had plenty of time to spread out and move, so I think (though I have no evidence to prove this and I admit I could be wrong) they would have started building other cities right away. Then, as the population grew, some of them would have left and built other cities as they moved farther out. It would have been possible for all of these people to retain the knowledge of their ancestors from Babel, however, so it would stand to reason that building practices would end up being similar.

We can bandy about theories all day long, however, but we'll never really know for sure. It's an interesting discussion, though!  ;D

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2018, 03:07:27 AM »
Yes, I too am sure the ice age came after the cataclysm.

Like you, I'm interesting in having a brief look at the possibilities but often there is nothing much to be learned apart from the message that the Bible has already given us.  Even if we knew all the answers it would be of no use to us   .....  it's all the stuff of a world long past.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

davehenry

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2018, 09:39:03 AM »
Does anybody know for sure if dinosaurs are even extinct?there are alot of very large and weird looking creatures being revealed around the world and i think a number Meglodon maybe 40+ feet long have been spotted,unless great white sharks are on a special diet nowadays that is very large and unknown types of very large birds amongst other types of apparently extinct creatures.If they are the real deal then it would destroy the "millions of years" theory and mainstream media will never show it,but maybe they've known all along.
Does the whole fallen angel mating with women not come from that book of Enoch?i remember Scott Johnson doing a teaching using that book which had KJV scripture references to try and prove that is where the giants came from,the book of Enoch is a fraud and i believe gnostic also.
Sanctify them through thy truth:thy word is truth.John 17:17
We don't need anything to prove God's word,esp man made books.
Not giving heed to Jewish fables,and commandments of men,that turn from the truth.Titus 1:14

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2018, 04:19:24 PM »
Does the whole fallen angel mating with women not come from that book of Enoch?i remember Scott Johnson doing a teaching using that book which had KJV scripture references to try and prove that is where the giants came from,the book of Enoch is a fraud and i believe gnostic also.

Thanks for posting this Dave.  Now I know where my brother-in-law must have got it from.  My brother-in-law did mention the book of Enoch at one time and I didn't connect the two.  I've never read the book of Enoch as I have always kept away from it as I have always believed that God would give a suitable canon of scripture without need to go looking at other writings. 

On the dinosaur side of things.  I grew up in Christchurch, New Zealand and it was just off the coast of Christchurch back in 1977 that the remains of a plesiosaur was brought up in a Japanese trawlers fishing nets.  I was at high school at the time and I took particular interest in that and never forgot about it.  The media etc tried to pass it off as the remains of a whale but those on the fishing trawler knew that this was definitely no whale.  One of the Japanese that was interviewed commented that he knew what he saw and that thing had four flippers. 

Now even closer to home.  I work for the University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand.  I'm a graduate from the Department of Biochemistry.  The Department of Biochemistry from the University of Otago right here is now on the search for the Loch Ness monster that is right around the other side of the world in Scotland.

https://www.otago.ac.nz/otagobulletin/news/otago689723.html

Chris has done an excellent series of teachings about dinosaurs.

http://www.creationliberty.com/articles.php#Dinosaurs

Researchers don't get funding to go right around to the other side of the world to investigate something that probably doesn't exist.

Christopher_Belflower

• Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2018, 05:58:26 AM »
Hey all,

I was out of town for a week, only had my phone. But since I've been in Ezra and Nehemiah for the last 10 days, I noticed some things that may help to support exactly what Chris Johnson was discussing. Of course context is crucial, but just read how wickedness was identified in the days of Ezra and Nehemiah...

Just some things to consider what God calls sin, to us, may look innocent:

Sons of God taking daughters of men
Genesis Chapter 5: Lineage of sons of God
Get 5:1 "This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;"

Chapter 6 reveals the result of sin; After time had passed:

Get 6:1-2 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Get 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Ezra 9:2 For they have taken of their daughters for themselves, and for their sons: so that the holy seed have mingled themselves with the people of those lands: yea, the hand of the princes and rulers hath been chief in this trespass.

Ezra 10:10 And Ezra the priest stood up, and said unto them, Ye have transgressed, and have taken strange wives, to increase the trespass of Israel.

Ezra 10:11 Now therefore make confession unto the LORD God of your fathers, and do his pleasure: and separate yourselves from the people of the land, and from the strange wives.

Ezra 10:18  And among the sons of the priests there were found that had taken strange wives...

Neh 7:63  And of the priests: the children of Habaiah, the children of Koz, the children of Barzillai, which took one of the daughters of Barzillai the Gileadite to wife, and was called after their name.

Neh 7:64  These sought their register among those that were reckoned by genealogy, but it was not found: therefore were they, as polluted, put from the priesthood.

Neh 10:28 And the rest of the people, the priests, the Levites, the porters, the singers, the Nethinims, and all they that had separated themselves from the people of the lands unto the law of God, their wives, their sons, and their daughters, every one having knowledge, and having understanding;

Neh 10:29  They clave to their brethren, their nobles, and entered into a curse, and into an oath, to walk in God's law, which was given by Moses the servant of God, and to observe and do all the commandments of the LORD our Lord, and his judgments and his statutes;

Neh 10:30  And that we would not give our daughters unto the people of the land, nor take their daughters for our sons:

Neh 13:27  Shall we then hearken unto you to do all this great evil, to transgress against our God in marrying strange wives?

2 For 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Chris
Chris B
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

Christopher_Belflower

• Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2018, 08:15:30 AM »
Sorry, forgot to highlight this verse:

That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Compared to everything I highlighted in Ezra
Chris B
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2018, 06:06:01 PM »
Right; fallen angels, even if they had bodies, would probably not be taking wives. If all they wanted to do was procreate, they wouldn't marry anyone; they'd just get the women pregnant and move on. Taking a wife implies a commitment which Satan and his servants are incapable of.