Author Topic: Former-Friend Teaching New-Age Garbage (Part 3)  (Read 3604 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Former-Friend Teaching New-Age Garbage (Part 3)
« on: June 20, 2019, 03:22:38 PM »
Here's the third installment of analyzing the teachings of Sean Rose, who is working on his "Christian" counseling degree. I'm not sure I'm going to use any of this or not, but I'm analyzing what he's teaching, so I thought I'd just write it down here. I mean, why not? This teaching he gave is dated July 1, 2018, and can be found here:
https://youtu.be/-OC8yiTApns
It's titled "The Power of Accusation," and if you want to skip all the music and get straight to the action, just skip ahead to about 23 minute mark.

The first words out of Sean's mouth was interesting; at about 23:48, he says that he appreciates the invitation to speak at the church building, which was extended to him by the pastor, and then as an afterthought, he said, "Well, maybe by your board as well, I don't know if he makes unilateral decisions like that" -- meaning that the pastor just decided for the church, on his own, and no one else had any say. That is typical. Again, the pastor is treated as a king, but hardly any churchgoer would ever admit that.

He goes on to make jokes about taking a break. I find that interesting because, between the songs and his preaching, it's only an hour. Every week, I do a teaching that is between 1.5 and 2 hours straight through. Even back when I was speaking in these church buildings, I would do a two hour presentation, and then talk with people after that. Don't misunderstand; I'm not saying I'm superior to anyone. I'm simply pointing out that he's doing 20 minutes of song, and 30 minutes of teaching, and is acting like he is incredibly burdened. I don't know, maybe it's nothing, but something about that irritates me.

@24:20, Sean says, "I've been a regular church attender for 33 years." Yeah, we can tell. :)

@24:40, Sean points out that he's telling everyone how long he has attended church buildings for the express purpose of pointing out to the audience that he has "lived up close and personal with Christian people" -- incorrect. He has lived up close and personal with churchgoers, but not necessarily Christians. This is the fallacy of thinking in which Sean believes that "going to a church building" is automatically indicative of "being a Christian." No one in the audience objects either because, after all, many of them see their works of "going to a church building" as part of the evidence of their salvation, which is one of the many major deceptions that exists in the church buildings today.

@25:20 - Sean says something bothers him about the people he sees in church buildings, and then he says it bothers him to see them because they feel really bad about themselves. Oh no... I think I see where he's going with this, but I'll wait to see what he says next.

I also wonder about peoples' definition of conviction because that's what Sean goes on to talk about. He says he's not referring to when people have conviction.
conviction: the act of convincing of error; confutation; the act of compelling one to acknowledge his error, or the truth of what is alledged
So conviction is when the Holy Spirit of God convinces His children of their wrongdoing. Once they acknowledge their guilt, they will then feel shame for what they've done, often, grief and sorrow follows that. I don't know if the average churchgoer believes the same about that or not, and Sean doesn't define it, so there's not much I can get from it.

@26:25 - Just to remind everyone, I've known Sean since our early days as teenagers. I met him and his brother when I was in junior high school. I'm telling you: What he's doing on stage is an act. Not all of it, but most of it. That's not how he acts normally. He's putting on a show.
He then says that what he means is that it bothers him that people are feeling shame at a base level... whatever that's supposed to mean. Don't misunderstand, I know what shame is, and it's good because God gives men shame, but I don't know what Sean is referring to yet.

He also says it's "shame and humiliation" -- just want to point out that the word "humble" is the base word for "humiliation."

@26:50 - Sean says that over the years he's met Christians who feel shameful. Okay, immediately red flags went off in my mind because my first question was: How does he know that the person who feels shameful is because they are convicted on a matter? How does he know that the person does not have things in his/her life that they didn't want to talk to Sean about? Already, Sean is beginning to label shame as a bad thing, and I think I know where he's going with this.

@27:00 - Sean says that, the people who bother him, are those who feel "less than" everybody else. That's because Sean does not understand Christ's doctrine.
If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
-Phil 2:1-4

I love that part, but I look inwardly and am ashamed when I judge myself because I see areas in which I need to look on the things of others more than I am doing. But the reason I see that is because of God's Holy Spirit working within me, causing me to judge myself first and foremost, and yet, Sean would claim that I "bother him," and I can tell you why he's bothered is because he doesn't have understanding from the God on the matter.
Those of you who are ashamed, and change for the better, it is a wonderful thing to see. I thank God for the shame He gives us, but Sean hates that shame because he hates the things of God, and follows after the new-age "feel good" psychological message that he's learning.
Let the proud be ashamed; for they dealt perversely with me without a cause: but I will meditate in thy precepts.
-Psalm 119:78

@27:40 - Sean says this isn't the "self-esteem" movement doctrine. It sure sounds like it. I'll wait.

@28:30 - It seems like what he's going to be doing is condemning accusations. Let's make sure we define that before he continues:
accusation: the act of charging with a crime or offense; the act of accusing of any wrong or injustice
Just to be clear, accusations are not wrong. What are wrong are false accusations.
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
-2Ti 3:1-4
Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.
-Acts 24:13

If you accuse someone, it needs to be based on evidence, not on speculation. I had been waiting a few years to hear Sean's teachings only that I may prove the things I accused him of; two things in particular. One, was that he loved to have preeminence, meaning that Sean loves to have his person respected, and two, was that he loves the paycheck that comes with the office of station in a church building, and he's looking forward to the day he can have that, which is why he already had his SRM "Sean Rose Ministries" logo all made out before he's even gotten close to graduating.

@29:30 - Sean is giving examples of accusations on TV. As Dee was pointing out in her comments on part 2 of this series, Sean watches a lot of TV, so it makes sense that he's talking about it. The world falsely accuses people, but they also right accuse people; it depends on the context. However, my question is why he's referring to what the world does in their accusations, and how that's supposed to connect the churchgoers who "bother him."

@31:20 - He reads from an article, but doesn't say what it the article is or where he got it from. Curious; because it refers to "psychological" damage to a person who is being accused. I still think I know where this is going, but I'm waiting.

@32:00 - It is true that for born again Christians, Satan will falsely accuse us, using others to do so. However, the problem that Sean's creating is that he is already leaving an impression in the mind of churchgoers that if anyone accuses you of anything, it's of the devil. That's REALLY bad doctrine. Perhaps he will bring up contingencies on that point later, we'll see, but already, I can see what he's doing, and the problems that are created from it. I can't remember the last time I got a response from a churchgoer, when I pointed out their false doctrine and sin, and in their response that they did not think that what I was saying was from the devil. Yet, none of them realize that a large portion of the New Testament was the disciples writing accusations unto the churches and rebuking their sin, so through correction, they would be sound in the faith.

@34:00 - Sean claims that Job remained in the faith throughout the book of Job, but the problem was that he skipped over the part where God had accused Job of things. By the end of it, did Job feel really good about himself? Did all of Job's shame disappear? No; Job's shame increased because God gave it to him for correction and to bring him to humility because Job got lifted up in the pride of his heart in that he thought he had done no wrong in the sight of God (i.e. that he was without sin)... very similar to how pastors typically act.
Then Job answered the LORD, and said, I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee. Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? (Job is repeating what God has asked him) therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not. Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me. (Job is not saying this to God, but repeating what God had demanded of him.) I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself (hated himself with the utmost hatred), and repent (i.e. godly sorrow) in dust and ashes.
-Job 42:1-6

It's amazing, isn't it? How pastors convenient skip over very important points in order to help them preach a false message? It happens so much more often that most people think.

Sean then starts going into "the original Greek," scamming everyone as if he knows Greek. To see more on that deception, read:
The 'Original Greek' Scam

Sean continues to relate this to a lawyer making arguments in a courtroom, and calling that "accusing." Wrong. A lawyer in a courtroom is presenting evidence OF the accused. A lawyer didn't accuse the defendant; the defendant was accused by the victim. Again, he's been watching too much TV.

@35:20 - He hasn't established the evidence of his doctrine, but then continues to repeat the narrative, and says, "Okay, I get that Satan accuses us;" reinforcing the idea that all accusations come from the devil. This is exactly how churchgoers will walk away thinking, and I've seen it countless times, meaning that any disagreement from another person, or any accusation of wrongdoing from another person, in their minds, it's automatically equated that the devil is using that other person, instead of listening and judging oneself inwardly.
For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
-1Co 11:31

But don't hardly ever judge or examine themselves in these Nazarene church buildings. I know because I attended them for many years, and they are fervently set on the doctrine of "don't judge anything or anyone."
Unbiblical Cop-Outs: 'Don't Judge Me!'
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
-2Co 13:5

@35:40 - Sean says, "Go back to your courtroom show you watch" -- See? Too much TV. He even goes on to point out that he doesn't know if they use pie charts in real courtrooms. Haha! I mean, the only reason I'm laughing is that Sean is trying to use fictional courtroom dramas as the basis of foundation for how he's defining what an accusation is. That's absurd!

@38:00 - Sean is condemning the attack on someone's character, which he doesn't define, so I'm going to have to assume that he means someone's qualities or virtues. Folks, my character comes under attack all the time, and sometimes, every now and again, the accuser is right. When the accuser is right, I'm ashamed, and it is God who gives me that shame, that I come to repentance just as Job did, but I'm guessing that's not what Sean's teaching here.

@38:30 - He brings up tithing in a deceitful manner because he believes in the false doctrine of tithe, which does not exist in the New Testament dispensation. Sean has, in the past, expressed to me that his faith is founded on tithe, in that he told me that he had proved God through tithe. Thus, his real foundation is not the Word of God, nor of repentance and faith, but his foundation is in tithing.
Is Tithe a Christian Requirement?
So he then claims that calling into question someone's devotion (i.e. to tithe, as one of his examples), is of the devil. Interesting because I accused him of teaching false doctrine on the matter, and that his faith was not founded in Christ, but in tithe. Perhaps there's more personal justification Sean is looking for behind this teaching than what the average person knows about.
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
-Luke 16:15

@39:40 - Sean says, "Does this resonate with anyone? Because this is my story." Seems like I discerned that correctly. I'll say this: It's good to know that Sean was ashamed by what I said to him, but it's sad to know that he turned right back to tradition and ignored the shame of wrongdoing; that is, he's ignoring God's call to repentance.

@40:20 - Sean claims that the devil accuses so it will "render you powerless in the kingdom," and someone yells out "Amen!" Where is his Scripture for that? Power is authority; that's what the word means. What does Sean mean by it? Again, he doesn't define it, so we have no idea. However, Sean continues in his false doctrine because if you want to be lifted up, God tells us exactly what you need to do:
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
-Luke 18:13-14

Was the publican feeling really good about himself, or was he brought to shame? Sean says that it bothers him when people seem to be "one step down," putting his hand level at one point, and then bringing his hand down, as if they're feeling low. Did the publican feel up and up, or was he brought low?
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
-Mat 18:4

I read this and examine myself, and then I think that I still have a lot of work to do if I want to become the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, and make no mistake, I do not believe that because the greatest in the kingdom is achieved by feel good about myself and ignoring the shame God brings to me.

He goes on to talk about someone who tells themselves that they are terrible and horrible. What did we just read Job say? Sean is completely ignorant of the Scripture.
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
-Rom 7:24-25
Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
-Rev 3:17

wretched: very miserable; sunk into deep affliction or distress, either from want, anxiety or grief
No thank you Mr. Rose; I'll stick with God's Word on that and kindly ignore your false doctrine.

@40:50 - He says that churchgoers feel like frauds when they go to teach Sunday School. Oh, I can give the reason why: They've never come to repentance and been born again. Thus, they are mostly frauds. They feel like hypocrites because they are hypocrites, but they look to men like Sean Rose to help give them an excuse to feel good about their hypocrisy.
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
-Mat 23:15

@41:30 - Some of what he says there is true... FOR born again Christians, but I highly doubt there are hardly any there in that church building, if any at all. If there were, they would have a lot more of that conviction to get out of there, and not hear the false messages of a leavened preacher trying to justify himself.

I just want to make a side note; watching him put on a show makes me sick. Again, he does not act and talk that way normally. When I do teachings, and anyone in our church can testify of this, I talk mostly the same way in my teachings that I talk normally with everyone, and I do that because I refuse to put on a show to try to impress anyone. I want people to be impressed with the Word of God and the Lord Jesus Christ, to be impressed with His grace and wisdom, not a charismatic speech or the foolish wisdom of man's words.
For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
-1Co 1:17

He soon after makes a comment about how everything God does is about redemption. That could be true depending on what you mean, but there is a condemnation of the world, and I believe that most, if not all, of those in that church building with Sean are of the world.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
-John 3:19-21

It's interesting because, before I parted ways with Sean, I was on his facebook profile where he was making posts about his daily thoughts on a various verse of Scripture, kind of like a "daily devotion." Each one, I kept finding that what he was teaching was a direct contradiction to other Scriptures, and so I responded to him on his facebook profile, and showed the error of what he said. What was his response? He deleted it. Not my comment; he deleted the ENTIRE POST, so that no one could see anything. Instead of looking for correction, to be in accord with God's Word, he swept his error under the rug and ignored it. Sean, in short, loves darkness rather than light because his deeds are evil; even though they may seem pleasant on the outside, God is saying that his heart is inwardly wicked and corrupt, and that he forsakes the ways of God.
Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.
-Pro 15:10

I see Sean's teaching as a way to help himself and other false converts justify their traditions and sins, and to give them an excuse to false accuse actual born again Christians of "working for devil" when we bring correction and rebuke their way, because, after all, as I stated before, those in the Nazarene denominational cult can do no wrong.

@42:50 - He then starts quoting from John 3. I anticipated that's where he was going, and it turns out, I was right, but I figured what he was going to do was focus on verses 17-18, and the reason is because those are promises for those who are born again. He believes he and all those churchgoers are born again because they believed on Jesus, and yet, there is no repentance of sin, and that is why they need this verse:
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
-Mat 7:21-23

Now we're getting to the problem of the definition of condemnation.
condemn: to determine or judge to be wrong, or guilty
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
-John 3:17-18

I highlighted one important sentence there... and whoa... why am I getting deja vu... like I've already explained this in the context in this same way. Hmm. Seems familiar. Anyway, the world is condemned already. It is not that God has not condemned, which is what Sean is implying, that condemnation does not come from God, but this verse shows us that it does. Jesus was not sent to condemn, but to save, but to those who believe not on Him, or claim to believe under false pretenses in the pride of their hearts, trust in their own works, they are condemned already BY HIS WORD.

Sean then goes to Rom 8:1, and he's using this out of context as well. I discuss more on that here:
http://creationliberty.com/articles/bookromans02.php#8
Again, the assumption is that those in the audience are of Christ, even though there is no repentance among them.
Is Repentance Part of Salvation?
Because Sean preaches "no condemnation," he is relating that to people feeling down, which means if anyone makes you "feel bad," or as the churchgoers like to say, "take away your joy," then they are "condemning" you and therefore, that person is working for the devil. See the deception? The entire purpose of the teaching is to train churchgoers to IGNORE CORRECTION, and that is dangerous.

@44:55 - Sean says, "If the Spirit has a plan for me to preach for 2 or 3 hours, I'm down with that," and in the background, they're all in agreement. Oh come on! You know for a fact they wouldn't be "down with that." I guarantee they're all just as bored as we all used to be when we attended church buildings and listened to these leavened, lukewarm messages. You talk about Steve, or Kenneth, or anyone who goes out and teaches the truth; they get rejected by church buildings, and so these people wouldn't even sit still for 2 to 3 hours to hear sound doctrine, let alone the cotton-candy messages they get from Sean Rose.

He immediately goes on to John 8, and the woman caught in adultery. I'm not going to comment much on that because I've already shown how Sean is deceiving people by taking Scripture out of context and not defining his terms (or defining them wrong), but I guarantee, before I've heard him go on, that he leaves out the repentance part, in which the woman was repentant of what she had done.

By the way, he also brings says "another translation says" -- that's because Sean has gone from where he used to be, using only an ESV, to now he uses multiple Bible versions, including the AMP, which I saw him quoting on his ministry page. He seminary is corrupting him more every week.

And yes, I was right. By 46 min, Sean bypasses repentance. He claimed the woman received forgiveness without repentance. I hate that he even brought up that story, only that is one of the most precious parts of Scripture that is near and dear to my heart, and I hate how he corrupts it with his false teachings.

WOW! @46:20 -- I can't believe he's so blind! The woman was ashamed of what she had done, but then Sean immediately says that Jesus is about bringing peace, and that "There is no peace in shame." The woman was in shame! What... how... I can't even... how do you not see the contradiction in your own words? Because of the shame of her sin, she was humbled to repentance and she received the mercy of Christ--that's how it works, and Sean has managed to slip this right by the entire audience, and no one caught it!

@47:15 -- Sean mentions that being ashamed lets in "feelings of inadequacy." Where is that phrase found in the Bible? Oh wait, it's not... it's found in your psychology textbook. My mistake. (Btw, he doesn't define that either.)

@47:30 -- He talks about people feeling that they are not worthy of love. I go to God in prayer and tell Him often how I am not worthy of the least of His mercies, because that is the truth, but then I give Him thanks for His lovingkindness and great mercy that stretches beyond our comprehension. But according to Sean, that "bothers him" and "he's tired of it."

@47:45 -- Sean says that he's tired of the people who believe that at the base level, there is something wrong with us, and that we are flawed. Well... that's the flesh. There IS something wrong with us, and we ARE flawed. Our spirits are cleansed by Christ, but our flesh must die because it is corrupt. Sean doesn't understand these basic principles because he's blinded by his psychological training, and you can see the contradictions, and where it's as if he's trying to mix the Bible and his counseling training -- it won't ever mix.

Sean acts as if God doesn't judge sin, even in us who are born again. Christ has told us that He chastens His children when they do wrong.
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
-Rev 3:19

Sean acts like repentance is unnecessary for born again Christians. Wrong. Repentance is foundational for born again Christians. When we do that which is wrong, we ought to expect that God would punish us, the same as when a child does wrong, he expects his father will punish him. So much for Sean believing he's learned something from his child, as he claimed in "Part 2" of this series.

@49:35 - Sean says, "A friend of mine in college said that her mother told her she had a black heart." Sean then pauses for like five seconds with this look on his face as if he tried broccoli for the first time. The mother may have been judging in hypocrisy, but the Bible says:
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
-Jer 17:9
He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
-Pro 28:26

Most of you, if you were to meet Sean, you would think he's a really nice guy. I bet if you'd met Billy Graham, you'd think he was a nice guy too. Did you know John Wayne Gacy, the Clown killer who raped and murdered young boys, that everyone who met him thought he was such a pleasant and nice man, and he was well-respected in the community? Folks, please heed Christ's doctrine:
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
-John 7:24

They might seem nice and pleasant on the outside, but the heart is corrupt.
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
-Mat 15:8

@50:15 - Sean says, "Everything the enemy does is about condemnation." So the Bible is our enemy? He's completely ignorant of what he's saying.
He continues and points out that the people who said things to you when you were a child, you're a loser, you'll never amount to anything, you're worthless... I've had all that and a lot more dumped on my head. My 2nd eldest sister visited us recently, and she told me when I was really young that she wished I was never born. I'm used to this stuff. Do you guys know that today, I'm grateful that I had so much of that dumped on me when I was young because it brought me low and prepared me to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that is the Gospel of repentance and remission of sins. Because guess what? I am a loser. I am nothing. I am worthless. My life is meaningless, but by the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, He regenerated me, gave me understanding, and sent me forth to do His work.
For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.
-1Co 1:26-29

God didn't choose the wonderful people who feel great about themselves; they must be brought low, to repent in dust and ashes, and then He will lift them up. But that's not the message Sean is teaching.

He then claims he is trying to be careful with his words, so he never looks like someone "who is on the wrong team." He's glorying in his shame.
Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.
-Phl 3:19

He's glorying of himself in the things he ought to be ashamed of.

@53:05 - Sean has the nerve in his blindness and hypocrisy to talk about people putting a "legalistic yoke around your neck," which is exactly what he does with tithe.
Then he starts having someone play a guitar in the background to give more emotional ties to his words. Again, this is more manipulation; it'd take a long time for me to explain it, so I won't go into that right now.

You see, even this analysis of his false teachings, Sean would consider to be "an accusation of condemnation in which the devil is using Chris to get me down." That's absurd.
For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
-Tts 1:10-13

I wish I could find what Sean's doctrine on repentance is; I think that would be very revealing of his hidden beliefs. Perhaps I'll be able to find it in the future.

@55:40 -- This means that anyone that would accuse Sean of doing something wrong is of the devil, and he will have no part with them. He's completely guarded against correction. And that makes sense based on everything I know about him.

Don't be deceived folks; our job is not to have fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but reprove them.
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
-Eph 5:11

reprove: to blame; to censure; to charge with a fault
We cannot preach the Word of God without reproof because the Word of God is reproof. And in case that definition seemed familiar, that's because it should be:
condemn: to pronounce to be utterly wrong; to utter a sentence of disapprobation against; to censure; to blame

Let me know if I have said anything in error. I say that because I am open to reproof and correction. There are many more Scriptures I could have given beyond this, but again, it would take a lot of writing to explain it all.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
Re: Former-Friend Teaching New-Age Garbage (Part 3)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 09:58:27 PM »
saying was from the devil. Yet, none of them realize that a large portion of the New Testament was the disciples? writing accusations unto the churches and rebuking their sin, so through correction, they would be sound in the faith.

Apostles?
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 10:50:04 PM »
Yeah, I didn't proof-read this because it was so long.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 12:25:38 AM »
Yeah, I didn't proof-read this because it was so long.

That's OK.  I was only commenting in case someone read the posting and the typo caused the reader some confusion and they then stopped reading and taking on board the rest of the sound teaching that was to follow.

It is much appreciated the amount of time and work you put in to writing articles like this.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 03:08:44 AM »
Chris, you mentioned that he started reading from an article at 31:20 but failed to state what the article was and where he found it, so I looked it up for you.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-creativity-cure/201402/false-accusations-scapegoats-and-the-power-words

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 07:20:36 AM »
Well, looks like I was right. That's why he didn't want to say where he got it from.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 09:23:07 AM »
I enjoyed the discussion on this last night.  It convicted me to pray for them, and others I know like them.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Benjamin

• Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 7
    • View Profile
    • Reality Begins
  • First Name: Benjamin
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 07:21:53 PM »
I found it especially offensive when he talks about shame being a bad thing. Shame and grief is the very thing that brought me to repentance and reshaped my entire outlook.
Psalm 50:21 KJV 21These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 07:33:23 PM »
At the beginning Sean talks a lot about what he is NOT talking about yet fails to ever clarify what he IS talking about. Everything is vague and cloudy, which is necessary for him to deliver false doctrine as Chris points out.

Sean says Satan is our accuser. Like Chis said, once people start to believe that, they will never be able to look inwardly and judge themselves. The underlying theme of his whole message could be summed up by the "don't judge me" narrative that has corrupted God's Word on the matter. He says that God does not condemn Christians. How can we avoid that condemnation? By being judged and chastened (humbled).

For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
1 Corinthians‬ 11:32‬ KJB

Understanding of this verse is lost on most people. If we would judge ourselves, we would feel shame and come to repentance. I think of it like cause (judging) and effect (chastening and avoiding condemnation). But that is not what is ever preached. You can't have one without the other, unless you're a false convert.

Chris and Benjamin bring up a good point about how the world views shame as bad; however, for true born-again Christians it is good. When we judge ourselves according to God's Word, we feel shame. And when others accuse us based on righteous judgment, we feel shame. For born-again Christians, shame leads us to repentance. When Sean talks about an unexplained, underlying feeling of shame, it reminds me of those who do not know God's law, yet have it written on their conscience.

For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
Romans 2:14-15 KJB

I am thankful the Lord has allowed you to share this. It has been helpful.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 07:35:29 PM by Laura »

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 01:23:51 AM »
At the beginning Sean talks a lot about what he is NOT talking about yet fails to ever clarify what he IS talking about. Everything is vague and cloudy, which is necessary for him to deliver false doctrine as Chris points out.
Haha! That's a good point. His best definitions were what he was not talking about.

Sean says Satan is our accuser. Like Chis said, once people start to believe that, they will never be able to look inwardly and judge themselves. The underlying theme of his whole message could be summed up by the "don't judge me" narrative that has corrupted God's Word on the matter. He says that God does not condemn Christians. How can we avoid that condemnation? By being judged and chastened (humbled).
For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
1 Corinthians‬ 11:32‬ KJB

Well said.

Understanding of this verse is lost on most people. If we would judge ourselves, we would feel shame and come to repentance. I think of it like cause (judging) and effect (chastening and avoiding condemnation). But that is not what is ever preached. You can't have one without the other, unless you're a false convert.
Chris and Benjamin bring up a good point about how the world views shame as bad; however, for true born-again Christians it is good. When we judge ourselves according to God's Word, we feel shame. And when others accuse us based on righteous judgment, we feel shame. For born-again Christians, shame leads us to repentance. When Sean talks about an unexplained, underlying feeling of shame, it reminds me of those who do not know God's law, yet have it written on their conscience.
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
Romans 2:14-15 KJB

I am thankful the Lord has allowed you to share this. It has been helpful.
In addition, what about 1Ti 2:9?
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
Psychology is his god; that's the problem.