Author Topic: Answers in Genesis  (Read 15012 times)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Answers in Genesis
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2019, 06:06:14 PM »
I noticed something that rose a few red flags in the second article:
Discernment is dead today. If Ken Ham can make a coherent argument against Tim Kellers attack on the literal biblical creation account, argue against the slaughtering of innocent children in the womb, and present the gospel in a way that even an idiot like Bill Nye can understand, how can he not see that these charlatans hes partnering with are out to devour the very sheep hes out to defend?

The Bible is clear, we dont partner with false teachers simply because they give us a platform to air our message. While I have no doubt that Ham would present his message in a clear way, he also will inadvertently at least hopefully lend credence to Matt and Lauri Crouch, who are nothing more than enemies of the faith
Yeah, discernment is dead if you think Ham did any of these things.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 06:10:29 PM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2019, 06:07:02 PM »
Cut off.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2019, 06:10:58 PM »
I fixed it, sorry should have looked closer.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2019, 09:45:54 PM »
I found the guy on the website, I haven't found his name, has played the greek game, supported wicked men, and believes this
What does it mean to repent? The word repent in the Greek is metanoeo, it means to changes ones mind or to change ones thinking. The way the word is used throughout the Bible is the action of changing allegiance. An unbeliever is a slave to sin, and when the unbeliever by the grace of God puts his/her faith in Christ they repent of their sin and the way they think of God has now changed. Their minds that were once darkened are now brought the light of God. The God that was once hated is now loved and adored. The message of the cross that was once foolishness is now the repentants only hope and plea.

It's the old change one's mind idea, which can never die.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2019, 05:37:30 PM »
I was blessed because I learned about built in dictionary in the bible before I knew what a concordence was. So I seen repent as to be in sorrow for sin. I never played the Greek game I can barely get English down little alone greek. Over all tho most of the men who are apart of answers in Genesis, are only there for the money. This is why I pull out of the hole creation grupe. It is all they talk about same thing over and over. The reason I work so hard to join this church is because this church advanced in learning in all subjects rather then 1. The creation movement has to be joint together equal yoked together if they are going to make any money. Teaching any other truth out side of there bubble will cost them money.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2019, 05:53:57 PM »
Remember, Billy, creationism is not the problem, but creationists are with their love of money and ridiculous beliefs. Also, over the years they have denied parts of the Bible like the firmament or how different the world was before the flood. Ironic is it not? They harp about uniformitarianism, unknowing it has effected them, too.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 06:00:57 PM by Zoologistkid »

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2019, 12:34:22 PM »
I just find it interesting that Ken Ham builds million dollar boats, while the church crowd builds million dollar "multi-purpose facilities/buildings"...
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2019, 02:40:34 PM »
I just find it interesting that Ken Ham builds million dollar boats, while the church crowd builds million dollar "multi-purpose facilities/buildings"...

"Build it and they will come" and spend their money, of course.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2019, 04:25:31 PM »
Guys, I have a question, have you noticed how uniformitarianism has influenced these people. They won't reject young earth but they will reject many things like the canopy of ice or the floating forest, or even dinosaurs being alive today. They even started using a type of geologic column where if something doesn't past this specific point it is extinct like Dinosaurs. I have seen it many times, Have any of you encountered the hypocrisy of these people?

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2019, 04:40:05 PM »
I have on some things. Other things I see it could be a lack of information like the canopy of ice for example. Instead of studying water they just come up with thirory. Or they changed something around so theIR ministry would sound a little different from the next guy. Or they are tryingto fit in what science say how it is to there philosophy

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2019, 06:53:27 PM »
Hey guys, I have a question for all of you: what evidence exists that Ken Ham and his all of kind are not of Christ besides the giant useless boat?

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2019, 07:15:33 PM »
Hey guys, I have a question for all of you: what evidence exists that Ken Ham and his all of kind are not of Christ besides the giant useless boat?

You mean besides the fact that they celebrate all the pagan holidays like Christmas and Easter, their refusal to rebuke the Catholic Church, their use of New Age Bible versions and their love of money? Not to mention that Ken Ham is a Baptist...

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2019, 08:53:09 PM »
Yeah, besides those because those things are "normal" in the above ground "church" that lacks Jesus Christ himself. I am trying to gather information for my stories and I am trying to warn people why they should stay away from them. I need to find some evidence that makes it easier to say that many of these creationist organizations are not of Christ along with the creators of them.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2019, 09:29:58 PM »
I don't really understand what you're wanting here, because the creation ministries are all part of the mainstream churchianity thing. Whatever goes on in all the church buildings is the same thing that goes on in these creation ministries, so the reasons for staying away from the creation ministries are the same as those for staying away from any of the church buildings. There's nothing really unique to Ken Ham or Carl Wieland or any of these other creationists that you can't find anywhere else in churches.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2019, 09:33:46 PM »
Sorry for the trouble, Jeanne, because I thought there is something behind the scenes going on. I am sorry for getting you into this mess.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2019, 10:23:39 PM »
There are things going on behind the scenes in all of them. The surface problems you see are only on the surface, but it comes from an underlying problem of what takes place behind the scenes. Ken Ham is a marketer, not a minister; that's it.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2019, 04:54:14 AM »
Most of them are marketers first, whether it be in a 'creation ministry', a 'healing ministry' or a 'prophecy ministry'. Whatever their shtick/specialty is, that's what they promote and market to make money.

Maybe this guy's testimony of what he saw/heard/learned while working in the 'prophecy ministry' might help to explain things a bit more. Please understand that I do not agree with most of his teachings as he plays the Greek game, uses weird Bible versions and subscribes to a lot of the Hebrew Roots nonsense. This article gives some good insight into what goes on behind the scenes of a lot of these so-called 'ministries,' however.

http://www.honorofkings.org/elijah-list-testimony/

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2019, 12:26:40 PM »
Hmm, I may have to read more on that testimony later; seems interesting. I can say from my own experience that once you begin to work with these various organizations, and see what really goes on behind the scenes, you have to NOT have the Spirit of God in order to remain in them in good conscience. During work hours, you will begin to see the deception in how they handle everyone as opposed to how they really are in real life, and you'll quickly find out that, if they are big money makers, how much prestige is profitable, whereas humility and honesty takes a back seat.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2019, 12:42:10 PM »
Thank you, Jeanne and Chris, because you have given me some really good information to bite into. However, you really have to be careful with this guy like you said, Jeanne, He plays the greek game, uses weird Bible versions, believes the Hebrew roots nonsense with the Torah, and worst of all he subscribes all sorts of strange doctrines like there eating clean meat. Wasn't Peter rebuke by God because of that?

Speaking of the Torah, isn't that full of witchcraft and the like?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 12:48:20 PM by Zoologistkid »

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2019, 06:18:50 PM »
Here is a little bit of what Chris went through from the CLE website:

As I began to branch out and teach the truth in all matters of Scripture, we began seeing gossiping going on behind our backs, lies being told behind our backs, blacklisting, backbiting, respecting persons, love of money, and much more coming mostly from church leadership. (This includes KJB Baptist pastors who are not 501c3, so don't be deceived!) We watched veteran pastors do completely unbiblical things in trying to accomplish their goals and justifying their wicked actions, so just when I started to give churches another shot, I found so much corruption, I couldn't justify being a part of what I was seeing.

http://www.creationliberty.com/about.php#testimony

There was a lot more detail on the old website before the hosting company shut down on what one particular 'pastor' did, such as promising to pay Chris and Lorraine's expenses for speaking at a conference in another city and then acting like he didn't know what they were talking about when Chris asked him about it later. They really were treated quite horribly.