Author Topic: Hi! I am John!  (Read 2651 times)

bluebird724

Hi! I am John!
« on: July 18, 2020, 03:07:21 PM »
Hi! My name is John!

Up until about 2012, I have always been a Catholic. I have participated in weekly masses, partaken in their rituals (e.g. infant baptism, first communion, etc) and even gone to Catholic schools. I have always believed that the Catholic church was the real church and that all other Christian factions were mostly, as many Catholics have described, "heretics".

When 2012 came, I began learning about Christianity. I have started reading the bible, visiting various Christian websites and even talking with some Christians. From this, I started to question Catholicism, so I began asking the priests and nuns in my church about Christianity. One example was when I began calling my priest as "pastor". He allowed it a few a times, but afterwards, corrected me, stating that I was supposed to call him "Father" not "pastor". I then corrected him, quoting Matthew 23:9," And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven". There have been more instances like this, but the most important one was in regards to eternal salvation. I asked a priest and nun how one can attain eternal salvation and their responses varied. Some have mentioned it was through periodic confessions to a priest, usage of the rosary, praying to Mary and the saints, etc. I then responded to them by quoting John 3:16,"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." It was at this time that I turned away from Catholicism and became a Christian.

My goal with joining this forum is to have fellowship with other believers and eventually join the Creation Liberty ministry. I look forward to having discussions and eventually meeting you all!

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Hi! I am John!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 10:38:28 AM »
Hello John, welcome to the forum! It is wonderful that God has led you away from the Catholic church. I look forward to learning more about your journey. Have you read Christopher's article on repentance and salvation? You can find it here:

http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/repent.php

(As a side note, I'm not sure how to share a link that appears as text instead of the URL. If anyone can show me how, I would appreciate it.)

It sounds like you have come here for good reasons. This is a very great place to be! :)

bluebird724

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 08:36:03 PM »
Hi Laura, thank you for the warm welcome!

I have read some of Christopher's articles (including parts of the one you have listed), but I especially love his article about 501c3 churches. It is a true masterpiece!

Thank you again and I am looking forward to sharing more discussions with this ministry!

LeniLani2002

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 01:12:31 PM »
Hi John,

Welcome!  I am new here myself.  I found this site while searching for true gospel teachings.  I found the church I've been attending to be very "fluffy" and telling people what they want to hear not what they need to hear.  I'm currently making my way through the teachings and there is a lot of info to absorb, but it all rings true.  I'm glad you found your way here and I look forward to getting to know you.

Thanks.

Tanya

bluebird724

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 06:07:00 PM »
Hi Tanya, thanks for the greetings!

As I mentioned in one of my posts here, I have been a Christian for about 8 years, but the majority of the churches I have attended have been more heavy on the music and social gatherings, but light on the bible studies. Like you, I came here to have fellowship with other Christians and engage in in-depth bible studies and teachings.

Looking forward to getting to know you and the rest of the Creation Liberty ministry!

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 06:29:32 PM »
Hi John and welcome :-)

i apologize for the late reply...we had a lot going on at our house, this past month :-)

It is SO good the LORD opened your eyes to the catholic church.  Praise BE to GOD!!  :-)
The Lord led me out of the catholic church, as well, 36 years ago.  BLESSED BE HIS NAME!!!  :-)

Glad you found us!  :-)

bluebird724

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 07:56:07 PM »
Thank you for welcoming me, Dee! Like you, I am grateful that the Lord had led me out of the Catholic church, and more especially, led me to the CLE ministry.

I am looking forward to studying God's Word with the CLE ministry, and eventually, meeting you all!  :)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 03:30:12 PM »
As much as John put on an outward appearance when he came onto this forum, his purpose was to join our church, and sadly, we had to reject him from the church. I wanted to post this so you all understood what was going on.

If you read John's initial post, he says that he came out of the Catholic Church, but nowhere in his post did you see one mention of the Lord Jesus Christ, not one mention of his sin, or guilt, or repentance of sin, or anything that even remotely indicated that he was converted and born again in Christ.

I want to remind everyone that the Bible does NOT say, "If thou shalt leave the Catholic Church and confront thy priest, thou shalt be saved." After John had put in a request to join our church, one of our members asked him for a testimony because there was no testimony in his introduction post, but John simply copy/pasted his introduction post above to answer that inquiry, and that sent a red flag up in many of our minds.

One of the elders of our church began to question him on specific details about his conversion unto Christ, and each time he question him, John would change the subject away from his own sin, and talk about the sins of the Catholic Church. He never confessed one thing, and then when the same elder pointed that out to him, he changed the subject against to complain about how many "edification" points he had, demonstrating that a number on the side of his profile was more important to him than the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

To this, I wrote my own response in support of our elder that had addressed John, and it was at that point, John said:
"From the very beginning, though I have been treated with kindness from other members in the forum, I have sensed that you and some of the other members had some dislike for me. The recent posts from you and Tim confirms a lot of my suspicions.
If you do not like me or disagree with, that's fine - I will not waste your time, and more importantly, my time. There are no hard feelings and I will leave peacefully. I do, however, pray that God rebukes you and the involved members for the biased actions and intentions against me."

What he ended up doing is using your friendly words as an excuse to falsely accuse those of us who told John the truth about his sin. Thus, his reaction was contention and malice, not reasoning from the Scripture. We reasoned to him with many Scriptures, but he refused to hear.
Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease.
-Pro 22:10

This is why I would warn other members of this forum not to just react in immediate gladness when someone joins and says they have left the Catholic Church because many people leave the Catholic Church every year, but they are not born again in Christ. Many have left the Catholic Church to become witches, pagans, and Muslims, so we need to hear their testimony of Christ, not of "Christianity."

Of course, John has said he would leave peacefully, and I hope he was telling the truth, but I have left his account on this forum so that, one day, if the Lord gives him repentance to the acknowledging of the truth so he would be saved, then we might welcome him in, but without repentance and faith in Christ, an actual conversion in which the Holy Spirit makes him born again, he is not of Christ, and we need to make sure John hears that message because the condition of John's soul is INFINITELY more important than expressing niceties over someone joining the forum. We can be friendly, and tell people the truth at the same time, so let's make sure we practice what we preach.

And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household? Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
-Mat 10:21-28
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 09:31:57 PM »
What also amazed me was that John didn't seem to understand that in joining in the forum it was akin to visiting someone in their private home and the home owner has every right to make rules with regards to conduct and the legitimacy of their being there.  Although the other guests were friendly enough he should have noticed that the "home owner" (and all of the eldership) hadn't given him a warm greeting as they were still summing him up as to the nature of his character. 

He seems to have had the belief that the forum is a public place and not realize that it has an owner who created it and maintains it and pays all of the associated costs.  Hence I was interested to know what his age was. 

I hope he learns a whole lot from this whole experience as all of us have learned and changed from our own disasters of our own doing in the things of life in the past.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)