Author Topic: False Preacher (Jim Phillips) Remains Willingly Ignorant  (Read 5932 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
False Preacher (Jim Phillips) Remains Willingly Ignorant
« on: September 15, 2019, 10:37:55 PM »
Normally, I keep writers' information down to first name and general location so I do not reveal anything personal, but because this letter was written by a pastor of a 501c3 corporation, this man's information is in public domain, and so I do not mind providing his information here. This is Jim Phillips of River City Community Church (https://reallife.org - it's a mega-church); he did not provide me that information, rather, I had to do some research and go hunt it down because he was hiding like a coward behind his computer screen. He did not bother reading my final letter to him either, but I figured that would be the case since he's the typical lazy, gluttonous preacher; you'll see what I mean...

JIM FROM TEXAS:

Chris!

What in the world are you doing? This site is so full of spiritual pride that I can't even get through one of your articles without crying.

Praying for your heart of stone to become a heart of flesh. May the Lord grant you new spiritual eyes to see the white fields that need harvesting. Instead you're throwing lots of rocks onto the field, which makes it even tougher to harvest.

What if you put half the time into discipling just a few young men into a fully devoted walk with Jesus, instead of typing up this drabble?

Galatians 5:1 brother! Pastor Jim

Chris!
Jim! (I'm just reacting as you addressed me; I have no idea who you are.)

What in the world are you doing?
Preaching Christ's doctrine. What are you doing?

This site is so full of spiritual pride that I can't even get through one of your articles without crying.
Yeah, people who hate correction and instruction unto righteousness are grieved by it because they forsake the ways of God.
Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.
-Pro 15:10

Those types of churchgoers are those who, when they heard the Word of God, the seed fell into their heart of stony ground:
And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness; And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.
-Mark 4:16-17

Praying for your heart of stone to become a heart of flesh.
I believe I have a heart of flesh; God will judge. However, I am not immune to pride, so I must pray against it in my own heart. However, I cannot answer vague accusations. Be specific.

May the Lord grant you new spiritual eyes to see the white fields that need harvesting.
I pray the Lord God give you repentance (i.e. grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing) as He was merciful enough to give to someone as useless and wicked me.
Is Repentance Part of Salvation?

Instead you're throwing lots of rocks onto the field, which makes it even tougher to harvest.
I don't know what you mean by that. You have to learn to calm yourself down (which is called "temperance" in Scripture), take some time with your letter (which is called "patience" in Scripture) and state your offense clearly, with details.
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
-2Ti 2:24-26

You see, if you really cared about my soul, you would have taken the time, but you're being vague, keeping your complaints half-suppressed, which is called "murmuring" in Scripture, and God hates that.
Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
-1Co 10:10

What if you put half the time into discipling just a few young men into a fully devoted walk with Jesus, instead of typing up this drabble?
That's a slap in the face to all the young men in our church. I didn't know you took the time to learn what we do in our church, what we discuss, the time we spend in God's Word, and the works we do. When did you stop by and meet everyone? Because I don't remember that.
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
-John 7:24

Galatians 5:1 brother!
I don't consider you a "brother" of anything yet because you have not shown me the fruits of the Spirit of God. If you want to know where that is, you just have to keep reading in Galatians 5:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
-Gal 5:22-23

You wrote me murmuring in pride without temperance, which should be embarrassing to you. We have no such tradition of contention in the church:
But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
-1Co 11:16

That was a really bad first impression; would you like to try again? Perhaps you can include some details of what exactly you read that set you off in self-righteous wrath. (And there's no need to stand on pretense with me with flattering lips; your anger was very clearly seen. Just speak plainly; I like straight-forward people.)
Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men. They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.
-Psa 12:1-2

Chris!

Your responses are full of self-righteousness.  Ugh!  But I will attempt to explain why I even made a comment.

Some visitors to our church ran across your article can DEMON CHURCH 501c3 or something like that.  It messed them up so much so that they are rethinking even being in a church.  So that's why I went to your site, to read the article. And after looking at some other articles, I was just saddened.  Because of your influence, this family may not find a church home to help them along in their faith.

God's blessings to you Chris!  Galatians 5:1 by the way leads us to Galatians 5:23. Can't really have the fruit of the Spirit without freedom from the law.

Respectfully yours, Pastor Jim

I'll wait to respond to this because you're still being vague. What specifically did you find in the teaching on 501c3 that was incorrect?

THREE DAYS LATER

Alright, your 3 days of silence in combination with your emails told me everything I needed to know about what is in your heart.
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
-Mat 15:18
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
-Mat 15:8

First of all, I don't appreciate you lying to me.
God Does Not Justify Lies
You didn't "cry" at anything on our site because you didn't read anything on our site. The only crying you did was in the tantrum you just threw over email, acting like a child in your understanding, being filled with malice hidden behind flattering and vain lips of "God's blessings to you," which were feigned words.
Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.
-1Co 14:20

You could not even remember the very simple name of the article, which shows that you didn't even bother to read it, and that demonstrates that you have no love for that family who is sanctifying themselves away from your leavened so-called "ministry" and your corrupt church building.
The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
-Pro 15:28

If you really cared about them, you would have looked into the matter to help protect them, instead of choosing to throw a temper tantrum. Furthermore, you were very subtle and crafty with your words, thinking I wouldn't catch your deception, when you said:
"So that's why I went to your site, to read the article."
But you never said you actually read and/or studied the matter; you just "went to the site," and then immediately wrote me in a huff to answer the matter before you've heard it first:
He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
-Pro 18:13

The Bible says you are a fool (i.e. a man who cannot be reasoned with) and you should be ashamed of yourself.
Open rebuke is better than secret love.
-Pro 27:5

You don't love those people enough to stop being lazy and do some actual work in study, you're just angry that their wallet is walking out the door, because they are just merchandise to you...
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
-2Pe 2:1-3

... while you speak evil of the good doctrine of Christ, and hypocritically site Gal 5:1, attempting to make me into a scapegoat for your sin.
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
-Galatians 5:1

Make no mistake Jim, that family is sanctifying themselves from wickedness, and that wickedness comes from your lazy, corrupt heart.
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
-Jer 17:9
He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
-Pro 28:26

You have, first of all, brought your church building and all those churchgoers under the bondage of 501c3, denying the Lord Jesus Christ in your contract and worship of another master, yoking yourself together with unbelievers (2Co 6:14-18), even though you close your eyes and cover your ears to the truth...
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
-2Ti 4:3-4

...and then furthermore, I know you teach false doctrine on storehouse tithing, further bringing them under the bondage of the law in which Christ has made us Christians free.
Tithe is Not a Christian Requirement
God will judge, and you will face Him and give an account for everything you have ever said, thought, or done.
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
-Mat 12:36

The next thing you said was so prideful, so self-righteous, and so self-serving, I can hardly believe someone who calls himself a "pastor" would make this statement:
Because of your influence, this family may not find a church home to help them along in their faith.
Apparently, you believe that you're the Holy Spirit of God for men because you don't believe what Scripture says:
These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
-1Jo 2:26-27

You also foolishly believe that the church is a building, or in other words, you bring those people under the bondage of your temple-based philosophy, which turns away from Jesus Christ.
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
-1Co 12:12

And Christ is the head of the body; not Jim Phillips.
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
-Col 1:18

And because of your laziness and willful ignorance, you scatter those who would hear God's Word, forcing them to depart from leaven:
Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD.
-Jer 23:1

They can study at home, start up a church for study among themselves, or join a real church who are not leavened and willingly ignorant, as you have proven yourself to be. I trust in the Holy Spirit of God for their care, but you trust in Jim Phillips Inc.
Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
-Jer 17:5

Based on what you have written me so far, I do not believe your a preacher of Christ; I believe you're a false preacher given over to his sin. That's why I wrote this book:
Why Millions of Believers on Jesus Are Going to Hell
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
-Mat 7:21-23

I had to do a bit of investigation with your name, and I think I found the church building you're talking about: Is River City Community Church the right place? (https://reallife.org) I think I see your picture beside "Group Pastor" (which, there is no such position in the New Testament). It did not take long for me to see the corruption there too, the witchcraft traditions you guys participate in, the new-age worldly rock music you bring in; it's the typical worldly mega-church that you see nowadays that focuses on entertainment instead of truth, in which they give the generic "repeat this prayer after me" deception where they fool thousands of people into thinking they are born again when they have never come to godly sorrow of repentance.
Is Repentance Part of Salvation?
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
-2Pe 3:9
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
-Luke 13:3
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
-Mat 7:14

However, I pray that the Lord God gives you repentance to acknowledge the truth, that you may be recovered out of the snare of the devil.
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
-2Ti 2:25-26

I write this as sharp rebuke that you might be sound in the faith:
Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
-Tts 1:11-13

Repent (i.e. come to grief and godly sorrow of your sin), and pray that the Lord God would be merciful and forgive your greedy thoughts.
Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
-Acts 8:22

I pray that the Lord God would show you the same mercy and longsuffering that he has shown to me, and that He would give you repentance so that you might be born again, sanctify yourself from the world, and discover His true church. I also pray for that family who is sanctifying themselves from that corrupt church building, that God would bless them richly in wisdom and all their needs, as I pray that you and your family would also have all your needs abundantly provided throughout the coming week. I hope you depart in peace, and have a great day.
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
-1Pe 3:9

Hi Chris!

This will be my last reply. I simply don't have the desire for this sort of back and forth stuff. It's about as enlightening as listening to elevator music.

We just have different perspectives on life with Jesus. I do wish you well. If you're ever in San Antonio give me a holler. It'd be a hoot to meet you face to face over some good tacos -my treat!

Jim, Jesus follower...

END OF EXCHANGE

I'm not going to write him back again on this because he's wasting my time. I also would not sit down to a meal with him because the Bible tells us not to sit down with anyone who calls himself a Christian and will not repent of his lies, railing, and extortion:
But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
-1Co 5:11-13

In short, Jim saw my letter, saw that I understood the Scripture, saw that I was willing to properly take the time to respond to his railing and false accusations, and instead of taking the time to research and find the Scripture, or even to rebuke and correct me that I might be sound in the faith, he immediately tucked his tail between his legs and ran. That's what you get from a lazy hireling.
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
-John 10:11-13

If anyone from River City Community Church sees this, sanctify yourselves; get out of there as soon as you can so you can start learning some actual Bible doctrine. I saw a bit of the preaching there and it is watered down; exactly what I expected from a mega-church building. The elders of that church building did not put that man in his position for no reason; they are also blind, or they would have never selected him for it.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: False Preacher (Jim Phillips) Remains Willingly Ignorant
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 01:16:38 AM »
Wow. That man is going to have a lot to answer for, as will all the other false teachers out there who are leading millions of people to hell.

He cites ONE Scripture reference, but can't be bothered to even write it out.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 01:58:50 AM »
That sure was a good read. 

I hope the family that were leaving do come and read the forum and then share all that is written with the others that are in their "church".

The teaching from a letter like that might just separate some wheat from the chaff.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 04:43:59 AM »
From what he said in his second letter, the family that left were just visiting. It sounds like they were looking for a church and 'Pastor Jim' was upset they didn't pick his.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 08:25:54 AM »
Gasp! Why wouldn't they pick such a Godly church full of understanding and has a great pastor? ;D

However, on a serious note, I noticed this before, in many "pastors" eyes the only way you can learn about the bible is if they are in a church, preferably theirs. Has anyone noticed this, too?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 08:31:14 AM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 10:05:25 AM »
The important thing to note was that I didn't go looking for him to contact him about this matter; he contacted me first, wanting to discuss the matter, he wouldn't actually say anything about the subject, and then when I asked him to be more specific, he ran away. That's why I called him a coward, because of that slap-and-run childish nonsense, which means he's nothing more than a unrepentant railer, and that's one of the reasons why I say he's a false preacher.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 04:25:25 PM »
Are you really going to turn down free "good" tacos from "Pastor Jim Inc."?
I'll pray for you to hold yourself back from this incredible offer...okay, done.  ;)
If you hadn't scared off one of his cash cows you might have gotten some "great" tacos or maybe even some wonderful fajitas.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 04:31:00 PM by Kenneth Winslow »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 06:00:12 PM »
Are you really going to turn down free "good" tacos from "Pastor Jim Inc."?
I'll pray for you to hold yourself back from this incredible offer...okay, done.  ;)
If you hadn't scared off one of his cash cows you might have gotten some "great" tacos or maybe even some wonderful fajitas.  ;D

Tacos purchased with stolen money  ;)    .....  poisoned tacos?    .....  now that would be one way of dealing with one's adversaries  8)

Never trust tacos from a "pastor" who you've upset.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 11:33:31 PM »
The very first thing on their website I saw was "Register now" for their December conference. 💲💰💲💰
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 04:03:02 PM »
Wait a minute, how can you contact him if you are in the area for tacos for him to have a hoot to meet you (?) when he said this will be the last reply?

Why would he want to have a meal with Chris  who makes him cry every time he reads his articles?