Author Topic: Hi! New member's testimony.  (Read 1905 times)

samprice716

Hi! New member's testimony.
« on: November 25, 2021, 01:08:18 AM »
Hello my name is Samantha 👋

I’m not entirely sure if I’m supposed to post in this location. Or if these posts are still being read. But I decided to make an account on a whim. Because I was interested in seeing if this website was still posting new content. And also I’m looking for fellowship with other believers. Even though fellowship through technology is not the best source. If not… no biggie! I’ll still post a little about me in case it does get read, Lord willing.

Anyway… I grew up in what I like to called a “mixed” home. My mother is a “professing” believer and my father is not. I was one of three siblings and my mother was very consistent in taking us to “church” on the regular. As well as raising us in a small “Christian” private school in our early years of life. I committed my life to Christ in 2nd grade. Although I wonder if I was ever saved then. Only God knows. That was back in the early 2000s where alter calls where a big thing (It still is I’m sure... although not as much). And many times I went the alter to give my life to Christ. You know the whole… “Come to the alter and accept Jesus as your savior”. Which I don’t believe saves anyone. Unless there is godly sorrow for your sins and true repentance.

“For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death”.
2 Corinthians 7:10 KJV

I don’t think at the time I fully understood what that meant to commit my life to Christ. Or the carrying my cross and follow him. Nor did I have an understanding of God’s word. I also grew up reading an NIV Bible. Which I've come to believe is a watered down version scripture. As I grew older I felt the pressures and temptations of this world. And I fell away from my first love. I wanted both Christ AND the world. And this didn’t work out so well for me. I made the wrong friends. In my early 20s I started drinking heavily and getting into drugs. Got myself into trouble. I ended up marrying an unbeliever as my mother had and it led me into a viscous cycle of sin and depression. For a period of time, my husband and I were stationed overseas in the Netherlands because he was military. I was at my lowest point I had ever been in my life. I was away from home, family and friends. I was lonely. And I dug my pit deeper than it had been before. The sorrow for my sins was unbearable. The psalmist speaks of being in the pit and that is truly how I felt.

“He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.” Psalm 40:2 KJV

After much crying out to God.. and wondering what have a done to get me to this point. I began to feel much convinction for the endless sins I had commited over the years since giving my life to Jesus. I realized I was wretched and needing of saving. I could no longer do it by my own power and might. And prayed earnestly for many what seemed liked endless nights to him to change my heart because I could no longer do it on my own. There was continuous crying out to God for help. I truly wept and mourned bitterly. Then one day God brought a wonderful sister in Christ into my life. The crazy story is that my husband and I were supposed to move back to the US but we ended up having to stay one extra year. And I was questioning God why he would continue to leave us there since I had suffered so much since being there. I needed so badly to leave and go back to the US. As if that would somehow make my sins more “bearable” being closer to home. My marriage was in the balance and my sorrow was so heavy. But God’s plan prevails and his timing is perfect. And he is so faithful and such a merciful God.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
Isaiah 55:9 KJV

“For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.”  Psalm 30:5 KJV

“They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.” Psalm 126:5 KJV

And I truly believe the Lord brought this friend and her family into my life. To lead me back to God’s truth and life. There was something different about her. I knew that. But I couldn’t figure it out.

“Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.” Matthew 7:20 KJV

It is interesting how as Christians we think little things don’t matter but they do.

“I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase” 1 Corinthians 3:6 KJV

She was the first person who encouraged me to read the scripture. And actually modeled Christ in her life. Her faith in Christ encouraged me to search him whole hearted.

"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 KJV

All my years growing up in the “church” I never had a true longing for the word, let alone an understanding. I remember growing up they used to give out "half bibles". That’s what I like to call them. Because they were only giving out New Testament. So I started reading the word (the entire word.. new and old) for the very first time. And I prayed for understanding. And for the first time in my life, I read my Bible from cover to cover for the first time. With a true longing and desire for him. Truly feasting on his word! A KJV Bible actually. And talking about it now makes me realize I have read my Bible many times through since then. This was 2019 when I came back to Christ. The old Samantha is gone and I have been made new by the blood of the lamb.  The Lord has been very gracious to me. His grace is enough. I was blind but now I see. I praise him for opening my eyes to his truth. I can do nothing apart from him.

“I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing” 1 John 15:5 KJV

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6 KJV

Back to how I find this page. Well it was completely by accident. But then again I don’t believe in accidents. The Lord is sovereign and has power over the clay. So I believe the Lord led me to your site. I was trying to find information on Bible dictionaries. Then I just couldn’t stop reading your articles on the KJV Bible, holidays and the new age church/doctrine. Which I accidentally got myself into during my 20s (new age church doctrine). I have researched these a lot of these topics for many years now. And I’ve come to a lot of the same conclusions. But I was given much conviction by the Holy Spirit in reading your articles. I give God the glory in illuminating his truth to me. And chastising me because he loves those he chastises. I appreciate the scripture you have used to back up your research. It has given me more clarity. I appreciate the years and hours it has taken to make all of this. I can see the calling God has been on your life to share the truth. May God bless you abundantly. Truly.. studying to show yourself approved into God.

“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15

I only ask that you keep me in prayer as I make the decision to stop celebrating holidays/birthdays and daily picking up my cross and following The one and only Jesus Christ. And I also ask that you pray for his guidance in leading me to a body of believers that are similar minded and willing to search the scriptures for HIS TRUTH.

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you." John 16:13-15 KJV

Again thank you for taking the time to read this. May our Lord Jesus bless you in reading this.

In Christ,

Samantha (Sam)

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
    • Isaiah 42:12 Blog
  • First Name: Rowan
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Hi! New member's testimony.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 05:23:27 AM »
Hi Samantha and welcome.  :)

The "Introduce Yourself" section is the correct place to start when you first join here. The forum has been rather quiet in recent times (although it's been slightly livelier in the last week or so). However, we are by no means inactive. But the forum is not the only way we communicate. We also have Skype meetings (online services, basically) and there is a Telegram chat group as well that is quite active. So we tend to talk more on those platforms and not so much on the forum nowadays. However, you will need to be a full member of the CLE church to participate in those. (Being a full member will also give you access to hidden sections of the forum that are sometimes more active than the public sections, though not always.)

Anyway, I enjoyed reading your testimony, and found parts of it relatable. My own mother is a professing believer (although very much a false convert), and my father is not (although he did make some pretence of being a Christian when I was growing up). I agree that going to an altar (which my mother did at a Billy Graham crusade) doesn't save anyone unless they happen to be truly repentant. It does appear that you reached a place of true repentance when you were in the Netherlands. But when you talk of wanting both Christ and the world before that, it's something else I can relate to. As 10 Corinthians 10:21 says however, we cannot drink the cup of the Lord AND the cup of devils, or partake of the Lord's table AND the table of devils. That, however, has been the story of rather too much of my life. I think though that it happens to a lot of people who grow up in Christian homes with parents who are false converts. I'm sure it also happens to a few who are raised by saved parents!

Just one little thing: the term "commit your life to Christ" is something of a "churchianity" phrase (that's a word we like to use for forms of modern Christianity that are more about church attendance than anything else - the church building or church culture becomes the main focus in people's lives, rather than the Word of God and Christ's doctrines). It's not how you get saved. Rather, you need to repent (have grief and godly sorrow for your sins, which again, you do appear to have done) and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ - trust in His finished work on the cross. Only then are you born again. You don't have to "commit your life" to Him as such, although once you are saved, you will want to love and serve Him, so there will probably be a commitment that naturally occurs anyway.

I agree that your coming here was no accident. God had a purpose in it, although He has a purpose for everyone who stops by. Even when unbelievers come, that's not an accident either (because they will read things that convict them). The Lord has His reasons for leading everyone here, whether they come (and stay) for fellowship, or depart again quickly, and so on. Is your husband saved as well now, or is he still a work in progress? I can imagine that life would be quite challenging if he is not. There are a couple of ladies here who have husbands who are false converts (so not complete unbelievers, but not born again). They might be able to give you some support and advice. Anyway, thanks once again for this testimony - it was a good read!
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17)

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 08:06:35 AM »
Hi Samantha,

It was great to read your testimony. I'm so glad you've decided to come and introduce yourself! It is evident in what you've told us here that Jesus Christ has given you repentance unto salvation and that he has guided you here. Praise God for that, it's really nice to hear, because as you know there aren't many of us in the world.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. -Matthew 7:13-14

I only ask that you keep me in prayer as I make the decision to stop celebrating holidays/birthdays and daily picking up my cross and following The one and only Jesus Christ. And I also ask that you pray for his guidance in leading me to a body of believers that are similar minded and willing to search the scriptures for HIS TRUTH.

It can be a difficult to do at first, but over time it seems to get easier. Knowing the truth about it makes it easier to hate the things that God hates--paganism and idolatry. But it can still be hard when others around you are celebrating it and expecting you to celebrate it. It can be a difficult time of year after getting saved. But I believe that this scripture can apply to what we do during the times when almost everyone is celebrating paganism around us during this time:

Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; -Hebrews 11:25

Also, Chris actually just completely updated the Christmas article and turned it into a book with corrections in it as well, the updated version just got posted yesterday. Just in case you are interested in getting the information in the updated version!  :)

And Rowan is right about what he said. The CLE church is based in Indiana where Chris and Lorraine (his wife) live along with a few others in the church too. And the rest of us live in various places in the US and around the world so we meet on Skype a few times a week, plus there is a ladies group as well.

Here is some information about joining the church.
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 450
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 11:34:18 AM »
First of all, I gotta' say how great it is to get a solid testimony given in an introduction, especially on the first try. It's been a while since we've had a good one, and that was a pleasure to read.

I have to apologize for my poorly written work on the King James Bible. That was written back when I was still working a job to help make ends meet before I went full time in ministry. I do have plans to rewrite that into a full-length book, but I have a few others projects I'm working on right now, so it's going to be a while before that happens.

Rowan and Ellie both said everything else I thought to say, except for one thing... not celebrating holidays is not a requirement to be with our church. I don't want you to misunderstand; we are against the paganism and witchcraft of the holidays, but the problem is that anyone who would participate in them (i.e. if someone was doing that in the church), it would strike up continual conflicts in conversation, which would end up causing contention, and that would not be good for the church, and so rather, it is more that we need to be of like mind (i.e. having the same philosophy/way of thinking), which you seem to have with us.

Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
-Phil 2:2

I was curious about one thing, did you ever get time to look at the teaching I did on repentance?
Is Repentance Part of Salvation?
If you haven't, that's alright, but if you have, I was wondering what your thoughts were on that.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

samprice716

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2021, 11:44:53 AM »
Thanks again for the quick reply, Rowan and Ellie. Technology is pretty tricky nowadays and it is difficult to tell whether people are real or not. I can understand why your forum has such specific instructions on how to join. You guys are going to have to explain how to use this platform as this is my first using a "forum". But I'm sure I can catch on pretty quickly. I used to have Facebook for a long period of time. But the Lord showed me that was an idol in my life and I've since deleted it within the past few months. I appreciate you both taking the time to read my testimony. I'm a very chatty person. So when I reread what I post.. I thought oh my goodness I hope I didn't write too much. The Lord knows what needed to be read and heard.

Rowan:
Good to know that this forum is still active. It was hard for me to tell since I've never used this type of platform before. I also believe my mother is a false convert. I have had many conversations with her that tell me otherwise. She is convinced that her "church" attendance will somehow get her into heaven. And I have no rememberance of her even reading her bible when I was a child. She also regurgitates everything a preacher would say in a "church" setting. If that makes sense. She never studies the word to see if what they say is true. The itching ears... right?

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;" 2 Timothy 4:3 KJV

I've given her scriptures when there is an issue that comes up in which her and I dont agree. But she always comes up with excuses. I continue to pray for her that she will come to true repentance and salvation in Christ Jesus.

Also, I agree with your point about "commit my life to Christ". I am guilty of using "churchianty" phrases. I've come to believe a lot of that has to do with the false doctrine I've been lead to believe over the years. This is an area I will continue to pray about and study. This is the scripture that the Lord led me to time and time again when I repented of my sins and turned to him.

"That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." Ephesians 4:22-24 KJV

As for my husband. He is a work in progress. I believe he also made an "alter call" when he was in BMT (Basic Military Training for the military). This was in 2012. And I was saved in 2019. We have been together quite a long time. That was part of my reasoning for marring him. Although he was a false convert and scripture says not be unequally yoked. The enemy has worked very hard to destroy our marriage. When I got saved in 2019, my husband was very angry with the changes he was noticing in my life. We have almost divorced many times in our years together. We used to do things like go out and party and drink until we blacked out. And I had refused to partake in those sins anyway. I hated what was evil and was cleaving to what was good. He put a lot of the blame on the christian friend that I had met. Both my friend and I took it to the Lord in prayer. It's been rocky since then. But God is faithful. I ask you continue to keep us in prayer. These are the verses I am standing on.

"And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace. For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?" 1 Corinthians 7:13-16 KJV

Ellie:
There really aren't many of us anymore. I've been noticing more and more as the years past that many are leaving the faith. Or many are lead astray by false doctrine. Even more so since "Covid" came.

Thank you for your encouragement in Hebrews 11:25. As I'm sure you know that today is "thanksgiving". Although very different from pagan holidays like christmas and easter. I do believe thanksgiving has pagan aspects to it from researching and prayer. I have chosen for to the first time not partake in the gluttony and idolatry of it all. I did not get a very nice response from my family when I explained to them that I had officially decided to give up holidays/birthdays/etc. I expected it to be a shock to them as it was sudden when i told them. But for me... this is a conviction I have from the Lord for a while now and even prior to finding this site. (Moving to Europe.. especially the Netherlands.. made me see the truth about "christmas"). Both of my in laws and own families responses solidified my decision. And I have peace in the Lord that none of these things are from him nor are they pleasing in his sight.

“Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,” 2 Corinthians 6:17 KJV

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." 1 John 2:15 KJV

Also I saw that Chris updated the Christmas section. Thats another reason I signed up to be a member because I figured maybe he was still posting content. Very detailed and well written. With much scriptural evidence as well. I cannot understand why one would deny other wise. But it's a spiritual blindness and ignorance.

I just read the information about joining the church. I'm not attending a modern "church" right now. And I don't believe that a building is what God intended in the first place. I recently left a "church" building I had been attending. So as you can see my fellowship is very lacking and like we discussed it is extremely hard to find "real" believers. I honestly don't believe I can come up with any witnesses of my public profession of faith. Even though I have professed my faith in the "church" building I was attending. But I would not trust asking any of them because number one I don't know if many of them are true believers. And two, because I no longer speak to any of them (Not for any bad reason). But that "church" was very "clicky" and had many errors in their teachings. So I can't justify using them either. They also have not even reached out to me since I have left. Which is extremely heart breaking since I grew up in that "church" as a child and was very dedicated to fellowshipping with them all and participating. But that is the problem with the modern "churches". But that is a whole other topic. And the Lord has helped me to see that I no longer need that anymore. And that the church is the body of Christ and NOT a building.

So as you can see my fellowship circle is very lacking. And I mean REALLY lacking.. sadly. But we are never alone if the spirit of God indwells in us. I've taken this issue to the Lord in prayer and have asked for his guidance. I have one friend (and I say "friend" lightly because we met through work and have not known each other long) here living in my area but recently we have been conflicting on certain things that scripture says. So I can't honestly use her. Also my friend (the woman that encouraged me to search scripture) that I had met in the Netherlands would be a sound witness but I no longer hear from her often since i've moved and she has 3 small children. I know that definitely sounds like excuses and I'll admit it totally is. But I would like in any other way to prove to you that I am truthful in what I am writing. And if the Lords wills, I would join your church. I will continue to pray for HIS discern in this. As I am working on praying for discernment in choosing friendships with other believers. May his perfect will be done.

And thank you both again for your responses and encouragement in the Lord.

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2021, 12:02:36 PM »
There really aren't many of us anymore. I've been noticing more and more as the years past that many are leaving the faith. Or many are lead astray by false doctrine. Even more so since "Covid" came.
Right. Sadly, it's because those who "fall away" from the faith were not saved to begin with. Because they didn't have the foundation of repentance, their "faith" was not true faith in Jesus Christ. The parable of the sower talks about these people:

They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away. -Luke 8:13

I understand what you're saying. In most cases, people just chat with us for a bit and we can see the humility of repentance and faith in their conversation with us. That is why this is one of the ways you can join. That's how I did. You just have to get to 20 posts and then you'll be able to access one of the private sections of the forum where you can request to join the church.

Honestly, I'm certain that most, if not all of us in the church who have (or will) read what you've written so far will already be looking forward to you requesting to join and will be just waiting for you to get to 20 posts. We get excited about new people. :)

And along with Chris, I am curious about if you've read the repentance teaching and what you think of it. That one is a really special one to me because I had struggled for a while not understanding if I was saved or not, but when I understood the true meaning of repentance, it changed everything for me and my faith grew so much.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 12:12:26 PM by Ellie »
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

samprice716

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2021, 12:22:00 PM »
Chris:

Thank you for your quick response as well. It was only by his grace! I give him glory in all that he has done for me. What a great God we serve. He never changes.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:” Ephesians 2:8 KJV

And I don't believe your article on the King James was poorly written. In fact, it has encouraged me to study out the subject as well. And have since decided that all the modern versions are corrupt. Looking back in my own life it explains why I had such difficulty in understanding scripture when I was reading an NIV bible. And can I just say why is there such a push with pastors encouraging the body of believers to read multiple bible versions. Have you ever seen the bible gateway app? It's almost disturbing how many DIFFERENT bible versions there are.

One thing I'd like to say about your articles it that I've never seen so much scripture properly used in its context. You read blogs and posts that people write and all they do is cherry pick. Everywhere nowadays scripture is cherry picked and used how they want to. I believe it is so important read AND use scripture in its context. I can also appreciate when you say that you have "plainness" in your speech. Paul also says the same when he spoke.

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:" 1 Corinthians 2:4 KJV

Praise God for his mighty power! Another scripture that came to mind is...

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation." 1 Peter 1:20 KJV

And I understand about the holiday thing. I was just freely speaking about my situation because I understood that a lot of you had come to a similiar conclusions about it as I have. It is very comforting to know such believers exist. And actually, I didn't think that would a requirement to join the church. I figured you only needed without a doubt proof of my faith. As i'm sure you guys have gotten some "interesting" individuals come here through this forum. And along with other reasons which all of them I completely respect. I believe you will make the right judgment call as to whether I am to join or not to join. As the Lord allows. I am just joyful that I can find like-minded believers on these issues. And teachings I can trust. But as I always do... I search the scriptures for myself to see if those things be true.

I will check out your article on repentance and get back to you!

samprice716

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2021, 12:34:02 PM »
Ellie:
You are right. They had no root. The parable of sower explains that.

Well that is hopeful news for me. Although i'm a super chatty person so I don't think that will be too difficult. I'm sure you all enjoy receiving new believers. More edification of the body of believers! Very exciting! Well I'll continue to pray about my joining. And see where the Lord leads me.

I definitely will get around the checking out the repentance teaching. I've only found Chris' page quite recently within the last few weeks. But since then i've really found the teachings helpful to go along with my daily bible reading. I work at a daycare center so we have the long weekend off. That will give me plenty of time to read it.

samprice716

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2021, 12:36:55 PM »
I forgot to ask one question...

Are there other places that i'm allowed post/comment besides this thread? Like can I post on other threads? Like teachings and such? Does that make sense?

Still learning. Thanks!  :)

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2021, 12:43:09 PM »
Yes you can absolutely post on other threads! You can post on already existing topics or you can even make a new one if you have something you want to discuss or even ask questions about. You can browse through the threads in the different sections to get an idea about the types of things people post in them. Go right ahead! :)

samprice716

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2021, 01:10:09 PM »
Okay that makes more sense now. Thanks!

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 450
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2021, 01:24:46 PM »
I definitely will get around the checking out the repentance teaching. I've only found Chris' page quite recently within the last few weeks. But since then i've really found the teachings helpful to go along with my daily bible reading. I work at a daycare center so we have the long weekend off. That will give me plenty of time to read it.

If you want, here is the audio teaching for that. Could save you some time:
https://youtu.be/NEI_H3QUb7Q?t=21

It may be surprising for you to learn that have had a number of friends in the past (i.e. women) who I have volunteered my time to help them at the daycares they worked at (i.e. some of them owned their own businesses doing it). I say this so you can know that I can empathize with your situation, knowing intimately what you have to deal with.

I am very interested to hear your thoughts on the repentance teaching; would very much like to read your thoughts on it if you listen to at least part 1 of the audio teaching as well. Thanks for taking the time on that; looking forward to your response.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2021, 10:14:51 PM »
Hey Sam
I just have been reading through all the comments and your testimony and it is a breath of fresh air. I cannot wait to hear more about you and what The Lord has shown you in his word.
All the scriptures you shared were spot on and I found your speech to be edifying and full of truth. Im so happy you're here. It is hard to find Christians. (True Christians)  :)
The repentance teaching that Chris mentioned was the teaching I was listening to the night God saved me by giving me repentance ...I will never forget that night.
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 8
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Micheal
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2021, 11:03:30 PM »
Hello Sam. I just love the fact that you used a lot of scripture and glorified God. I believe your testimony was very sincere and I truly pray that you grow more every day in God's word as well as everyone else that's in Christ.

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
    • Isaiah 42:12 Blog
  • First Name: Rowan
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2021, 12:44:42 AM »
Rowan:
Good to know that this forum is still active. It was hard for me to tell since I've never used this type of platform before. I also believe my mother is a false convert. I have had many conversations with her that tell me otherwise. She is convinced that her "church" attendance will somehow get her into heaven. And I have no rememberance of her even reading her bible when I was a child. She also regurgitates everything a preacher would say in a "church" setting. If that makes sense. She never studies the word to see if what they say is true. The itching ears... right?

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;" 2 Timothy 4:3 KJV

Yes, it definitely sounds like your mother has ears that are itching for what she wants to hear, rather than the truth. If she believes that attending church will get her into Heaven, then she is trusting in her works. A lot of false converts quote their favourite preachers rather than the Bible. Christopher has talked about that in a few places. (For example, he addresses that in a few of the "Wild E-Mails" threads.) Also, it sounds like your mother is more "Thessalonian" than "Berean": These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. (Acts 17:11) My own mother is not very discerning - she considers Joyce Meyer to be "very sound".  :o She seems to prefer "good words and fair speeches" to sound doctrine.

I've given her scriptures when there is an issue that comes up in which her and I dont agree. But she always comes up with excuses. I continue to pray for her that she will come to true repentance and salvation in Christ Jesus.

Sounds pretty similar to my mother (although she tends more to shut me down rather than make excuses so much). Praying for them is about the only option left.

Also, I agree with your point about "commit my life to Christ". I am guilty of using "churchianty" phrases. I've come to believe a lot of that has to do with the false doctrine I've been lead to believe over the years. This is an area I will continue to pray about and study. This is the scripture that the Lord led me to time and time again when I repented of my sins and turned to him.

"That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." Ephesians 4:22-24 KJV

That's a good Scripture. Another good one concerning the renewing of the mind is Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. I think many of us come from backgrounds of corruption by "churchianity". In my case, my parents didn't actually go to church buildings much. However, I still got corrupted by listening a lot to Radio Rhema (a "Christian" radio station in NZ that has the same corrupt doctrines and philosophies as many modern churches).

As for my husband. He is a work in progress. I believe he also made an "alter call" when he was in BMT (Basic Military Training for the military). This was in 2012. And I was saved in 2019. We have been together quite a long time. That was part of my reasoning for marring him. Although he was a false convert and scripture says not be unequally yoked. The enemy has worked very hard to destroy our marriage. When I got saved in 2019, my husband was very angry with the changes he was noticing in my life. We have almost divorced many times in our years together. We used to do things like go out and party and drink until we blacked out. And I had refused to partake in those sins anyway. I hated what was evil and was cleaving to what was good. He put a lot of the blame on the christian friend that I had met. Both my friend and I took it to the Lord in prayer. It's been rocky since then. But God is faithful. I ask you continue to keep us in prayer. These are the verses I am standing on.

"And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace. For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?" 1 Corinthians 7:13-16 KJV

I'm glad that you and your husband are still together despite the Devil's best efforts to destroy your marriage. I'm sure it is by the grace and mercy of God that you guys have hung in there. The Scripture you are using is a good one, but another one I would recommend is this: Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. (1 Peter 3:1-2) So what that is saying is that you can witness to your husband by your general conduct. More specifically, godly conduct. Submit to his authority, as the head of the home, as much as is reasonable. For example, if he wants you to do something that is not against God's Word, then do that thing. But of course, don't do anything that would be sinful (so for example, don't accompany him to a wicked party). Sometimes Acts 5:29 applies: Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. If you are able to do what Peter is talking about, hopefully that will speak a lot to him.
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2021, 12:56:34 AM »
Hi Samantha

Like the others have expressed, that was a good testimony to read and was like a breath of fresh air compared to many of the other introductions to the forum.

A welcome to the forum from me too.  :)
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

samprice716

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2021, 01:11:55 PM »
Heathertaylor:
Praise God he gave you repentance! I was just listening to that article last night. I plan on listening to remainder of the audio on repentance. It is rather eye opening. Looking forward to speaking more with you as well!

Pilgrim Mike:
I can be the first to admit that my life used to be all about "me.. me.. me". And "loving myself". But the Lord has humbled me. And I praise him for that.

James 4:6 KJV - But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Rowan M.:
Oh... joyce meyer. Yeah I know many people that follow her teachings. Too much "feel good" preaching nowadays. I will keep your mother in prayer that she comes to a knowledge of the truth.

There are similiar radio stations in my area that have the same dilemma so I choose not to listen to the radio.

Thats another good verse. And an area i've really needed discernment and prayer. The most difficult part is when I have to make those decisions on whether to obey God or be submissive to my husband. Not that is difficult to obey God but rather the stress on my relationship when my husband is not obedient to the word of God. Especially when I outright know what he is doing/participating in is sinful. And I will refuse to partake. For example we used to watch a lot of violent/graphic/etc. secular movies and TV shows together for a long time. And for a time I was sitting down and watching it with him. But only literally walk away when there were explicit parts/language/etc. And the Lord just kept convicting me over it. And now I can't even be in the same room. I kept coming to the verse...

"And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire." Matthew 18:9 KJV

He has jumped to conclusions many times that I am judgemental or self-righteous. Or too concerned over "little things". So please continue to keep me in prayer.

samprice716

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2021, 01:13:44 PM »
Anvilhauler:
Hello to you as well!  :)

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2021, 02:09:21 PM »
Hello and welcome, Sam!

I enjoyed reading your testimony. Thank God He brought you here! It’s always interesting to hear how people come to find CLE. I can empathize with a lot of what you said. I came from a “churchianity” upbringing as well and my husband is not saved. Although he claims to believe on Jesus, he is a false convert, so I too struggle with the repercussions of choosing to obey Christ over him when matters conflict with His word or I am convicted in a certain way. I pray for courage and wisdom for us wives to know how to handle such situations with patience, meekness, charity, and long suffering. I also pray that we can sanctify ourselves from the world and be a testimony to our unbelieving spouses. This tread and the Scripture that has been shared has been very edifying. I look forward to fellowship with you and learning together in Christ.

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
20 Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
21 Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
22 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:
23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
25 But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.
-Colossians 3:12-25

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2021, 02:48:34 PM »
I forgot to mention, if you’d like your Scripture quotes to appear in blue italics like you see in the other posts here, just highlight the verses and click on the little Bible icon located above the text box you type your message in. It’s a few over to the right of the bold, italic, underline, etc. buttons.  :)