Author Topic: May I return?  (Read 712 times)

Dan7

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Daniel
  • Belief: Christian
May I return?
« on: June 01, 2023, 12:31:17 PM »
Hello everyone,

I know I have been rightfully ignored, but may I please join this forum again? I have repented of my sins, and I believe this quote from the Bible, Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new., displays that I will be able to become a new person in Christ. Can anyone please give me a response on whether or not I can participate in this forum normally again? I would greatly appreciate it if I would get a response!

Thank you.
"Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord... I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord." -Jeremiah 23:1,2

OsoWeakbutHeIsStrong

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 54
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Annalisa
  • Belief: Other
Re: May I return?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 07:38:27 PM »
Hi Dan,

In response to your question of whether or not you can "participate in this forum normally", l do not have the answer for that.  I did, however, just want to ask a question (and I'm not looking for you to answer me, you can simply ask yourself this question). 

What makes the time you said:

I fully repented and came to Jesus Christ in January of 2023.

any different from the time you said:

and I repent for all of the lies, deception, and contention I've caused on the forum. I repent for all I have done, and for lying to you guys and to Jesus Christ, and I assure you that my repenting is not one akin to Hebrews 12:15-17.

or from the time you said:

I have repented in Jesus Christ after looking back at my deception and sin two months ago.

or from the time you said this:

I also apologize for deceiving myself and others regarding my repentance, and I hope that you guys believe me when I say that I've since repented for my sins (including my deception and contention).

Like I said, these are questions you should ask yourself.  In my experience I need to think about questions like this and talk with God about them.

16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Repentance is serious, and if you are confused about it, then you should really be going to God in prayer.

I like to pray these verses: (not like a ritual, but in humble sincerity/understanding and hating the wickedness of my sin)
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23-24

Once a person is TRULY born again, and receives repentance...
(repentance is a gift from God)
25In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; IF GOD peradventure WILL GIVE them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth
(2 Timothy 2:25)
;

*emphasis added

...THEN, at that very moment, they are a new creation in Christ Jesus.  They're not perfect, but they're transformed by the power of God (born again), given a new heart for God and new desires.

I understand that you want to go to a forum where you can discuss doctrine with born again believers, but before all that happens, it's really important that you address the most serious issue at hand and that is your salvation and how you understand repentance.  This is a conversation between you and God. 

I hope this is helpful.

OsoWeakbutHeIsStrong

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 54
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Annalisa
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2023, 04:31:11 PM »
Dan,

After writing my response to you, I was led to go back through more of your previous posts.  I had not read your posts on conspiracy theories because, frankly, I wasn't interested in moon landing questions and chats about 9/11 (which are what you were writing about.) 

After reading further, now I see that your first 9/11 post https://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=1666.0 was VERY important; even more important than both your introductions https://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=1663.0 https://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=1732.0
and apology
https://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=1703.0(which is what I based my initial response on).  The conversation and what was said in that thread gave me even more of a picture of your confusion about repentance. 

Since reading the conversation between you and Chris, it has given me more insight and I can see that Chris has been very patient with you in trying to point out your contradictions and lead you to more understanding.  It's easy to see that he had done all that he could for you.  Saying anything more to you would have just been redundant.  I hope that you can see why he didn't continue a conversation with you.  It would have been pointless.  You weren't hearing or understanding him.

Based on what I've read, I agree with what Chris said.  I'm not convinced that you've truly been born again.  At first,was unsure thinking that you were simply a new baby Christian, but after going through the 9/11 post (where you were talking about repentance) things became more clear to me. 

This is why growing up going to "church" buildings is so dangerous.  It's so difficult for a person who has attended and been indoctrinated with the language, doctrine and traditions to come to an understanding of TRUE repentance.  In my opinion, it's probably way harder for someone who was in a church for so long, to see their own wickedness and need for salvation than it is for a satanist to receive repentance.

What I said in my response to your question was pretty much just a shorter version of what Chris has already said to you about repentance.  However, you did ask for a response, and based on what I had read, that's how I formed my post. So, I really hope that you come back and read this because I want to add something to my prior post, and that is this advice:

Although it was pretty much implied, I'll say it a little more clear...
Examine yourself.
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
2 Corinthians 13:5

Humble yourself and pray for God to give you repentance.  Ask Him to break your heart and show you the wickedness of a life of sin. 

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Matthew 7:7

I would not just go to another church or forum for answers (because you might be getting more false info and confirmation that your beliefs on repentance are "a okay") until you have spent some time on your knees in prayer and reflection, alone with God.

Being a part of something and having fellowship with other born again believers is definitely a wonderful thing.  It's edifying, helps with refining, and it aids in growth, but it's not what should be at the top of anyone's list of desires.  God's truth and repentance to salvation should be at the top of that list.  A relationship with Jesus is WAY more important than any forum or group...and that relationship is impossible without His gift of repentance.  That is why I'm writing this to you or any person who comes to the forum and happens to read this. 

But seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 6:33

*emphasis added

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field. 45Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: 46Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
Matthew 13:44-46

Dan7

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 03:09:58 AM »
Hello Annalisa,

Thank you for your lengthy and thoughtful response.

I hope this is helpful.

Yes, this post was very helpful. I wouldn't have expected a response like this, but I praise God that you gave one.

I understand that you want to go to a forum where you can discuss doctrine with born again believers, but before all that happens, it's really important that you address the most serious issue at hand and that is your salvation and how you understand repentance.  This is a conversation between you and God.

I completely agree with you on this, and this is something that I did not understand nor display when I was participating in the earlier months. My posts on 9/11 and the moon were irrelevant both to the forum and generally to Christianity itself, especially when, as you said, there are more serious issues on hand. I tricked myself into talking about "more important" subjects when all I did was show my true colors, and I understand how I was at mistake. If only I cared about God more than I cared about worldly subjects, but all my false conversion showed was otherwise.

What makes the time you said: ... any different from the time you said: ...

The only difference is that I lied for one of them, and I am ashamed for doing that to this day.

Since reading the conversation between you and Chris, it has given me more insight and I can see that Chris has been very patient with you in trying to point out your contradictions and lead you to more understanding.  It's easy to see that he had done all that he could for you.  Saying anything more to you would have just been redundant.  I hope that you can see why he didn't continue a conversation with you.  It would have been pointless.  You weren't hearing or understanding him.

I agree with you. I just hope that he will give me another chance. I did not have the holy ghost when I implied that I did, and I regret my actions.

So, I really hope that you come back and read this.

I'm usually on the website daily, but don't check on the forum as often anymore, although I hope that I will be able to join back through your guys' kindness and mercy (as I'm someone who has lied and deceived before). The more I read Chris's articles, the more hungry I get for discussions, applications, and questions. I really miss this forum!

Thank you for your long response, Annalisa, and I hope to join this forum again. If I can get any confirmation from a moderator, I will appreciate it. I know this forum is not my property and is paid for by Chris, and as someone who has lied and been deceptive, I don't deserve to be here at all.

"Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord... I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord." -Jeremiah 23:1,2

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2023, 08:46:16 AM »
Hi Dan,

I have been trying to follow your conversation. Typing this is difficult due to a broken arm, but I would like to offer some insight.

What you are doing is drawing attention to yourself.  It is pretentiousness.  How do I know this? Because I have been guilty of it too and was removed from CLE because of it.

I am having a hard time putting the scriptures here while I am not able to move my arm, but please look at Proverbs 30: 5-9, and Romans 3: 4-18 to start. Those verses have helped me to understand the kind of character God wants from his children. And of course, please look at what Annalise sent you.  You will find it helpful if you truly study and seek the Lord first.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Dan7

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2023, 03:21:45 PM »
Hello Tonya, thank you for your reply. I see my error, but I'm so deep in this error; may God please forgive me. I hope you guys will forgive me.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 03:41:10 PM by Dan7 »