Author Topic: Churchgoer Clings to Her Idols  (Read 4798 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Churchgoer Clings to Her Idols
« on: July 17, 2018, 07:28:36 PM »

TINA FROM FLORIDA:
Hello!  Peace and Love be with you! Please understand that the fish and the cross are not idols unless we kneel and worship them.

Please understand that you're hanging on to idolatry in your heart. The Lord Jesus Christ taught that men are still committing adultery if they look and lust, even though they didn't do the actual deed, and thus, it is foolishness for you to think that you're not guilty of idolatry just because you haven't bowed your knee to a statue.
The Biblical Understanding of Idolatry
Just as in Ezekiel, the men being spoken of didn't set up physical idols for themselves; they set them up in their hearts.
Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart, and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face: should I be enquired of at all by them?
-Eze 14:3

You wrote this email to me to give yourself an excuse; and likely not just for yourself, but what you're really doing is defending some leavened church building you attend who does these offenses, does that sound about right? God knows the idolatry in your heart:
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
-Luke 16:15

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
-Jer 17:9

They are both an outward sign for others, without having to say a word, we let others know our Faith.

We who are born again in Christ give the outward sign of our works and doctrine to let others know we are saved; it is the world that seeks after pagan methods with symbols of idolatry.
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
-James 2:18

The cross is a sign of remembrance of what Jesus Christ did for us.

You didn't even read the article did you? I can tell because I already addressed that in the article. You teach in opposition to God's Word:
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
-Acts 17:29

And the Bible says you're foolish for answering before you've first heard the matter, and you ought to be ashamed of yourself:
He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
-Pro 18:13

I'm not Christ, nor am I your priest to come to for justification; if you want to follow after worldly things, then go for it. I'm not responsible for your decisions. I'm only responsible to tell people the truth if they will hear.
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
-1Jo 2:15

Please stop trying to cause further division within the Body of Christ.

You are teaching the opposite of what Christ taught:
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
-Luke 12:51

That division is called "Sanctification." To be sanctified means to be set apart.
The Biblical Understanding of Sanctification
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
-John 7:24

Unbiblical Cop-Outs: Don't Judge Me!
When people claim to be of Christ and will not sanctify themselves, and just give excuses without hearing the truth, as you've just done, it is a sign that they've never come to repentance (i.e. grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing) and been born again; that's why such people reject the Word of God for their own personal opinions.
Is Repentance Part of Salvation?
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
-Rev 3:19
Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.
-Pro 15:10

This is a time for us all to make the way straight for Jesus Christ's return.  Please dont do this.

You believe in the false prophesies of Pre-Trib doctrine too, don't you?
The Beginner's Guide to Tribulation and Rapture
Ma'am, you don't have a clue what is taught in Scripture; that's obvious by just your short letter, and that's likely because your ears have been dulled by listening to leavened preachers.
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
-Luke 6:46 

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
-Mat 7:21

False Converts vs Eternal Security
It's easy to see the deception that's in your heart by what little you've already said.
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
-Mat 15:18

Notice how you didn't back up anything you said with Scripture, but rather, your letter is just whining about your personal feelings like a child, and you're doing it in willful ignorance.
Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.
-1Co 14:20

In the articles, and in this email, I've given you Scripture, references, and all the materials you would need to find the truth, but stop deceiving and be honest with me; you won't even read/hear it will you?
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
-Mat 13:15

In short: I'm not your priest, and thus, I'm not responsible for your actions. If you want to follow after your idols, then that's your business. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord Jesus Christ, and I give Him praise that you were convicted of this matter in your heart enough to write me; so I pray He will bring you to repentance (i.e. grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing) to acknowledge the truth.
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
-2Ti 2:25
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
-2Th 2:10

Have a great day.

NEXT LETTER...

I don't insult you by sharing scripture because I know you read your bible, just as I do.  None of this scripture backs up what you're claiming.

Ma'am, you just lied, and you have no repentance of it. I gave every verse in context, and thus, since you refuse to hear the Word of God, you are not my sister, and I am not your brother. I am only brethren to those who have been born again, not people who make excuses for sin. The reason you don't share Scripture is because you don't understand it, and you need to repent (i.e. have grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing) for your sin.

You twist it to fit your agenda.

And you provide no evidence of that; you are only making excuses for yourself.
Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.
-Acts 24:13

I have a solid relationship with God and I am guided by the Holy Spirit AND I am an avid reader of God's Word.

And yet, you provide no evidence of that. It's no wonder you rely on pagan symbolism, since your conversation has no evidence of Christ's doctrine in it. I have provided the evidence of the things I say, and you have only talked about your personal feelings. You must come to repentance, or you will never receive the grace of God because He does not give grace to the proud of heart.
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
-James 4:6

You are causing nothing but hate and division.  There is enough division in this world through all the many denominations.  You are on the wrong path.  I will not stand in a fruitless quarrel with you.  Again, none of this scripture backs up what you're claiming.  You twist it to fit your agenda.  Take care.

You will not hear the Word of God, so I will not waste my time with you any further because I've got work to do. I can't force you to listen, and I won't try.
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
-Mark 6:11

Have a wonderful day, and I pray the Lord Jesus Christ would bless you and your family with all your needs throughout the coming week.
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
-1Pe 3:9
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Churchgoer Clings to Her Idols
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 12:30:23 AM »
Wow, I bet she's all for the ecumenical movement, too, and for union with the Catholic church...

Suelong88

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 09:48:18 AM »
I don't understand how people don't see what is plainly evident.  She mentioned division twice and still doesn't get that the scripture you quoted does completely back up what you said. 

Basically she said:
Please don't divide the flock.  We like our wolves to come in and worship with us.  Goats are welcomed too.

Once I learned where those symbols came from I can't even stand to look at them anymore.  I used to have an Icthus on my car that we sold years ago.  I still see that vehicle on the road and the sticker is still on it.  It pains me to see it now.  There is a church that my kids sing at for their choir retreat and they actually have that symbol in an upright position.  I can sort of understand the horizontal "fish" position, but vertical?  Really?  It's just so wrong.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 10:07:49 AM »
Basically she said:
Please don't divide the flock.  We like our wolves to come in and worship with us.  Goats are welcomed too.
Ha ha ha!

She did see it. That's why she wrote me; the Lord God convicted her on the matter to repent, and she refused. If she wasn't convicted on the matter, she wouldn't have written me in the first place. If I had some obscure blog where I'd written 3 paragraphs saying it's bad, she wouldn't have bothered to write me about it; the fact is that she probably opened it, skimmed through it, saw the sources, Scripture, and images demonstrating it, and then wrote me in a huff because she needed an excuse.

I can sort of understand the horizontal "fish" position, but vertical?
To witches, it doesn't matter. That's why the triquetra is three of those "fish" symbols interlocking at different angels of rotation. It doesn't matter which way you flip it, it's still a sex symbol; and there's nothing in Scripture that justifies it.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Suelong88

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 01:03:35 PM »
Right Chris.  And they're not even trying to hide it's meaning by its position.   I explained that to my son last year.  And then I showed him the images of the Washington Monument.  He was disgusted.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 04:14:37 PM »
Sadly people often don't change until they are forced to.  They don't grasp the concept that the time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining. 

When things are going well and there is food on the table and a warm dry bed to sleep in then that is especially the time to study God's word and to be obedient and get as close to Him as possible. 

That woman hasn't understood that a person can either learn of other's mistakes from the Word of God and know to avoid them or make lots of your own mistakes and learn the hard way.

Disaster will always be just one step around the corner.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 04:21:49 PM by anvilhauler »
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)