Author Topic: Scott's Introduction  (Read 1920 times)

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -8
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Scott
  • Belief: Other
Scott's Introduction
« on: November 28, 2022, 11:10:37 AM »
Hi, my name is Scott.  A bit about me: I'm a divorced father,  entrepreneur,  homeowner,  avid student of science,  outdoorsman, what I believe: I believe that truth can be found to anyone that sincerely seeks after the truth and recognizes that we haven't always been taught the truth... quite the contrary, actually.  I have found the King James Version of the Bible to be true and I believe that when reading the words therein,  in their context,  rightly dividing the words without adding to any of them or removing any of them,  there is the best foundation of truth.  In the study of science and learning that government controlled curriculum in education (indoctrination), I have been taught things that were just flat out lies.  I found Kent Hovind's seminar series and found a lot of solid truths in most of his presentations and looking further into his "ministry" I began to see a pattern of deceit and self absorption which turned me away from supporting him.

How I found CLE:   In searching for other resources that publish less commonly known truths,  I came across some very well written and well sourced articles on CLE. That's how I found the forum link and have only read a few posts, but wanted to engage with others that enjoy learning and sharing what they've learned. 

Now in regards to my religion association, I do not claim myself to be a "Christian" and that might cause some to wonder,  but it's really because I've decided to identify myself,  as the Lord identifies His people, rather than claiming that particular title.  I do not have any ill against those that do identify themselves with the term "Christian." I just do not. 

I do have a testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ,  which is a long story which brought me to the place of repentance,  so for the sake of time,  I will boil it down to this: I had come to a place where I so desperately wanted to know God. I was a broken man,  guilty of much sin and unworthy to even approach the Almighty, Most Holy God.For the first time in my life I prayed with no other purpose than to know him and hear his voice.  When I presented myself before him, I was immediately confronted with my sins which I have committed against him and against others.  I knew that what I had done was worthy of punishment and I was so remorseful for how I flippently chose to sin without any concern for how my actions effected others or that they would be judged.  At that moment of brokenness,  being contrite before God,  I remembered the scripture that says "if we confess our sins... he is faithful to forgive us and to cleanse us..." I confessed my sins before him and remembered the event that took place almost 2000 years ago and somehow,  Jesus Christ was able to forgive me through the blood that he shed.  I sought mercy through Jesus Christ and pleaded with the Father to forgive me.  In that moment of faith,  I could feel this heavy darkness being  removed from my soul.  I really can't explain it with words to understand,  but it was as if I was physically and spiritually being changed and at that moment,  his Holy Spirit came into me and drew me to his words.  I knew that he was going to speak to me as I read the words and he did. 

That's the short version of my conversion.  I became born again and have been adopted into his family. 

Well, it's been a long road since then and not without trials.

I do not attend the businesses that have "church" in their name,  neither do I have fellowship with those that do.  My life has become a very lonely one,  as most people that call themselves "Christians" and even those that are in the faith,  are drawn to the congregational gatherings of the businesses where the clean and the unclean find fellowship with many false converts and I've learned that people would rather agree to disagree than to stand corrected when in error. Maybe it's an unrealistic idea to think that one day I'll find other saints that really want to be of one mind and if one judgment in true unity, but at the very least,  I search for those that love the truth and have the words of God as the foundation of their faith,  being willing to reasonably discuss the deeper things in the faith and have real fellowship in Jesus Christ by his Spirit.  I see a much different church in scripture than I see in the world.

It's usually futile to try to discuss facts and critical analysis with someone that is enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Scott's Introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 08:50:38 AM »
Welcome Scott.

Your story sounds similar to some of us. Thank you for sharing it.

What is your definition of repentance then?

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 07:55:06 PM »
Thank you for welcoming me,  Tonya

You're welcome! I think anyone that has the testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ, should always be ready to share their testimony!

The people I've met that have come to the true faith, all have a similar testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ,  as being sorrowful in repentance and confession of sin unto finding mercy through Jesus Christ and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. 

I look to scripture to define words, in their context and will sometimes look up words in an English dictionary that's nearer to the era where the translation took place and compare that with the context the words are in. 

what I've observed (generally speaking), repentance follows godly sorrow over the realiziation of offence or harm caused to others based upon one's decisions (mostly sin) and is the action of changing one's view, choice and sometimes direction (usually toward God). 

I prefer to have my faith built up in accordance with the knowledge of God's words. 

How would you define repentance?
How did you come to the faith?
It's usually futile to try to discuss facts and critical analysis with someone that is enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 09:20:55 AM »
I believe that truth can be found to anyone that sincerely seeks after the truth and recognizes that we haven't always been taught the truth... quite the contrary, actually.
There isn't very many others responding on here right now, and I wanted to wait a bit before I did because I didn't want to start out of the gate pointing out disagreements, but I guess since no one else is responding, I wanted to say that I do not believe what you believe on that matter. I believe that the only ones who can can find the truth are those who are helped by the Holy Spirit, in which God has to reach out to them first in their broken state.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
-1Co 2:14
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
-Rom 3:10-11

How I found CLE: In searching for other resources that publish less commonly known truths,  I came across some very well written and well sourced articles on CLE. That's how I found the forum link and have only read a few posts, but wanted to engage with others that enjoy learning and sharing what they've learned.
Please don't be surprised when I compliment that you read the instructions to post here first; there's only about a 50% success rate in people doing that.

Now in regards to my religion association, I do not claim myself to be a "Christian" and that might cause some to wonder,  but it's really because I've decided to identify myself,  as the Lord identifies His people, rather than claiming that particular title.  I do not have any ill against those that do identify themselves with the term "Christian." I just do not.
You can do whatever you want to do, but those of us here who are born again in Jesus Christ are Christians according to Scripture:
Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
-1Pe 4:16

I do not attend the businesses that have "church" in their name,  neither do I have fellowship with those that do.  My life has become a very lonely one,  as most people that call themselves "Christians" and even those that are in the faith,  are drawn to the congregational gatherings of the businesses where the clean and the unclean find fellowship with many false converts and I've learned that people would rather agree to disagree than to stand corrected when in error.
That's understandable to most of the people who are here. The phrase "agree to disagree" is often used by liars. This is not so in every case because, disagreements are acceptable among subject opinions (e.g. what's the best flavor of jam?), but when it comes to philosophy (i.e. ways of thinking) and truth, the phrase "agree to disagree" is a cop-out used by those who are running from the truth, and are completely unprepared to have a discussion on a particular topic, but don't want others to know that.

You're welcome! I think anyone that has the testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ, should always be ready to share their testimony!
I agree with that too, however, you would be surprised how many people come here or write to me emails complaining about giving their testimony on here, in that they do not want to do it, and do not think they should have to. That makes no sense when we consider the Gospel of Salvation and what it means. Imagine, for a moment, that a woman was pushed out of the way of a car and saved, but the man who saved her died because he was hit by the car... and then she refused to talk about what he did for her to anyone, especially publicly. That's weird.

what I've observed (generally speaking), repentance follows godly sorrow over the realiziation of offence or harm caused to others based upon one's decisions (mostly sin) and is the action of changing one's view, choice and sometimes direction (usually toward God).
This is another part I wanted to write a disagreement with the section I highlighted. Turning from sin and changing one's mind (i.e. "the action of changing one's view, choice, and sometimes direction") is called "conversion." Repentance prefaces that, but is not defined that way in Scripture because God lists them separately:
Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations.
-Eze 14:6

Repentance and conversion go hand in glove, but they are not the same. If one were to define repentance as you have done, it would include turning from sin, which would be works unto salvation because they would have to amend their life before receiving the grace of God. I talk about that more in the book I just finished a few months ago:
There is No Saving Grace Without Repentance
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 04:19:10 PM »
I perceive a communication problem here. 
In my introduction,  I was trying to summarize some of what "I believe." I said that "I believe that truth can be found -to- (I meant "by" ) anyone that sincerely seeks after the truth (generally speaking). " People can discover the truth in many things when they really want to search a matter out, the truth is discoverable.  Just a few examples:  9/11, the moon landing,  covid, central banking, macro evilution, pharmaceutical products, etc

I did not say that anyone can receive the things of the Spirit of God,  nor did I say that any natural man can know the things that God reveals through His Spirit (the context of 1 Corinthians 2). Nor did I say that anyone seeking after God will find Him.  I did not say that anyone understands God or is not under sin (the context of Romans 3).

Are you saying that unless a man is broken and helped by God, through his Holy Spirit,  a man cannot discover the truth in anything?

Now in regards to repentance,  I answered that "generally speaking" noting that the context is important. My use of the word "action" was incorrect and a misuse of the word for a general definition. Please forgive my mistake. I do not view the repentance of salvation shown in scripture that all men are commanded to, to be a verb; it is clearly a change of one's mind and thinking that is coupled with godly sorrow. Salvation is not found in the deeds of men. 
Repent, repenteth,  repentest, repentance, repenting and repentings all have their place in their contexts, applied, rightly divided. 

I have suffered much "as a Christian" and I am absolutely not ashamed to suffer "as" such, because the world (which persecutes believers) identifies believers in Christ to be Christians, and many believers identify themselves in today's world,  as such,  therefore,  will I suffer with patience, unashamed. I'm often called that by others.  It's just that when referring to the brethren,  I call them (and myself) believers and saints. I noticed that there have been others that have come here with a similar conviction and were not welcomed.  I did wonder if this would become a point of contention, which I do not want. I am a born again believer in Jesus Christ,  the Lord.  If someone wants to call me a Christian,  then so be it.

I'm glad that we both believe that anyone that has the testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ should be willing to share their testimony! 
How did you come to the faith? Have you published your testimony?  I have been encouraged much by your articles and have not seen your testimony of your conversion. I'd love to know how you came to the faith.   

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2022, 12:09:10 PM »
I perceive a communication problem here. 
In my introduction,  I was trying to summarize some of what "I believe." I said that "I believe that truth can be found -to- (I meant "by" ) anyone that sincerely seeks after the truth (generally speaking). " People can discover the truth in many things when they really want to search a matter out, the truth is discoverable.  Just a few examples:  9/11, the moon landing,  covid, central banking, macro evilution, pharmaceutical products, etc

I did not say that anyone can receive the things of the Spirit of God,  nor did I say that any natural man can know the things that God reveals through His Spirit (the context of 1 Corinthians 2). Nor did I say that anyone seeking after God will find Him.  I did not say that anyone understands God or is not under sin (the context of Romans 3).

Are you saying that unless a man is broken and helped by God, through his Holy Spirit,  a man cannot discover the truth in anything?

In another thread, you just complained about our attitudes with you, but I don't see any self-reflection on that very point. Your first paragraph was fine, and understandable. I don't have any problem with someone clarifying what they meant in a particular context. However, the problem was in your second paragraph and that last sentence, and it slaps of arrogance and contention. After I said that, I don't think you're going to listen to me at all on this point, but I'm going to explain it for everyone else's sake.

Here is what Scott said in his OP:
I believe that truth can be found to anyone that sincerely seeks after the truth and recognizes that we haven't always been taught the truth... quite the contrary, actually.  I have found the King James Version of the Bible to be true and I believe that when reading the words therein,  in their context,  rightly dividing the words without adding to any of them or removing any of them,  there is the best foundation of truth.

So the context of Scott's words were first speaking of the truth, and then he immediately attached the concept of truth to the King James Bible, which would lead anyone reading his paragraph to conclude that he was saying that anyone can find spiritual truth if they're looking for it. So while Scott's first paragraph in his response to me was perfectly fine and understandable, he started adding in what he was NOT talking about. Why would it matter what he was NOT talking about?

When he adds in the question "Are you saying that unless a man is broken and helped by God, through his Holy Spirit, a man cannot discover the truth in anything?"... my question is this: Why are you adding in some sort of challenge? Is that necessary? If what I said about the Scriptures was true, why not just agree with what I said, and then point out that was not what you were referring to, and maybe even apologize that you gave the wrong impression, and then I can apologize for getting the wrong impression. Would that not be better? That's how peace and reconciliation is made, but that is NOT Scott's goal here; he is here to fight, and every paragraph he writes is convincing me of that more and more.

Just to give an example from another thread he posted in, Scott said:
I had hoped to find the holy brethren here and maybe fellowship among the saints.
It'd be great if the main theme wasn't strife of words to no profit

http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=717.msg13647#msg13647
It just demonstrates that viciousness against us for... I'm not sure what the reason is yet. I just keep seeing this attitude from Scott, in which I'm getting the impression of him saying in his mind, "I'm going to come in there and educate them, and if they question me, I'm going to show them how evil they are." I mean... really? ??? If that's not the impression he intends to give, he's not doing a very good job of showing something otherwise.

Now in regards to repentance,  I answered that "generally speaking" noting that the context is important.
That's a bit strange to me that you would say that because, apparently, the context of your first paragraph in your introduction post wasn't that important, but now, suddenly, it is? ???

My use of the word "action" was incorrect and a misuse of the word for a general definition. Please forgive my mistake.
That was a surprisingly different response. No problem; I'm sorry if I got the wrong impression somewhere; maybe we can figure this out.

I do not view the repentance of salvation shown in scripture that all men are commanded to, to be a verb; it is clearly a change of one's mind and thinking that is coupled with godly sorrow. Salvation is not found in the deeds of men.
Repent, repenteth,  repentest, repentance, repenting and repentings all have their place in their contexts, applied, rightly divided.
The word 'repent' is a verb though. The concept of repentance can be used as a noun or verb, like many other words. However, the Bible does not define repentance as a "change of one's mind." That's part of what I was explaining in my last response, and that definition creates numerous contradictions in other verses of the Bible.

Let me repeat what you said:
repentance follows godly sorrow over the realiziation of offence or harm caused to others based upon one's decisions (mostly sin) and is the action of changing one's view, choice and sometimes direction
This means that you do NOT believe that repentance means "grief," or expanded for mankind, "grief and godly sorrow." That is what we believe here. You have stated that you believe that repentance is "to turn from sin" and "to change one's mind." I was trying to explain that we are not in agreement, which is why I referred to my book on the subject which goes over tons of Scripture on the subject, including the first time the word 'repent' is defined in Scripture, to show that repentance is grief of the heart:
And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
-Gen 6:6

There is No Saving Grace Without Repentance

I have suffered much "as a Christian" and I am absolutely not ashamed to suffer "as" such, because the world (which persecutes believers) identifies believers in Christ to be Christians, and many believers identify themselves in today's world,  as such,  therefore,  will I suffer with patience, unashamed. I'm often called that by others.  It's just that when referring to the brethren,  I call them (and myself) believers and saints.
They call themselves believers and saints too. So when they call you that, what are you going to change it to then? Others have come here and said they are part of "the way" because Jesus said He's the way, truth, and life. What happens when everyone starts adopting "the way" identifier? Are you going to change to something else?

When do you stop running and stop playing the "pronoun" game? I would much rather spend that time exposing the false converts and rebuking them that they might hear the Gospel of Salvation.

I noticed that there have been others that have come here with a similar conviction and were not welcomed.
Scott, that is a flat-out lie. If you want to make that claim, then back it up. Show us the quotes. Don't make accusations without evidence. There have been others come here saying the same thing, but when we showed them the Scriptures, they left and never came back, or in some cases (as it is with your case) they contend against us with viciousness when we are trying to reason with them from the Scriptures.

If you want to lie about people to try and get your way, or to make yourself seem "holier-than-thou" on that subject, this isn't the right place for you. I just want to make that clear, so we don't waste each others' time.

I did wonder if this would become a point of contention, which I do not want. I am a born again believer in Jesus Christ,  the Lord.  If someone wants to call me a Christian,  then so be it.
You're lying again. If you want to have peaceful discussion, you need to be honest. That's not what you believe. If your belief was "so be it," then you wouldn't have brought it up in the first place and made a big deal out of it, and you wouldn't have hunted down other threads with that topic and commented on them.

I'm glad that we both believe that anyone that has the testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ should be willing to share their testimony! 
How did you come to the faith? Have you published your testimony?  I have been encouraged much by your articles and have not seen your testimony of your conversion. I'd love to know how you came to the faith.
I have an "About" page where I provide all that information on my website; it's all public.
http://www.creationliberty.com/about.php
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2022, 11:56:38 AM »
There is no lack of misunderstandings to maneuver here and I do hope to address every point, reasonably, when I have some down time, soon.  I will pray on this matter and provide all things honestly in the sight of God and man. I am not your enemy. 

In the meantime,  if anyone else would,  please look upon my words and see what I have written.  If I have offended, or spoken presumptously, please tell me my faults or ask questions to clarify anything that might be misunderstood.  That would be greatly appreciated,  thanks. 

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022, 08:20:58 AM »
if anyone else would,  please look upon my words and see what I have written. 
Several of us have "looked upon" what you have written.
Frankly, at this point, you've got plenty to address already.
Until you respond to what Chris and Ellie have asked you about I find it unlikely that anyone else is going ask you for even more.

Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2022, 08:22:58 AM »
Christopher, if you are born again and have the Spirit of Christ in you,  would you please take some time and pray in the Spirit about this and after you have prayed unto God, revisit my introduction freshly and read your subsequent responses and tell me if you really think that your replies to me have been righteous?

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2022, 08:27:02 AM »
Kenneth. so after reading my introduction and my posts, do you truly think that Christopher's accusations and character assaults against me have been just and warranted?

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2022, 08:32:55 AM »
I can answer every point,  rightly.  I would like to resolve the misunderstandings and find fellowship among the saints of God that are here. What I do not want to do is to have strifed, debates, finger pointing,  railings,  accusations back and forth.   If this is the foundation by which my interactions here are going to be set,  then I'll have much to consider before proceeding

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2022, 08:37:48 AM »
I thought you said you would address the points made to you and “provide all things honestly before God and man.” Now you’re asking someone else to address you about what they said. That’s not how we can proceed in this. You have to explain where you think the misunderstandings are, if any.

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2022, 08:39:45 AM »
I think it would be best for Christopher to respond to my last reply addressing him before proceeding.  This became a very tangled mess that began with misunderstandings and assumptions that are not correct.

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2022, 08:54:58 AM »

I did not say that "I will address every point."  I said "I hope to" and am able to.  I would prefer that Christopher changes his mind and maybe even be grieved over the way he's dealt with me and change the atmosphere of this conversation to something that looks much more like a genuine desire to communicate well,  without railing accusations and character assaults, you know,  a genuine love for God and man,  who is created in His image? If he has the Spirit of Christ and prays in the Spirit, I shall rejoice. 

I know that debates and strifes are common when people disseminate the truths that upset people and that is exactly  the nature and reason for the persecution of the saints of God.  It always has been. In these days of mostly text conversations,  people seem to have more misunderstandings than ever before and much of that comes from reading  with preconceptions or presumptions of intent with the intent to respond.But I'm not your enemy and I'm not coming here with evil intent or evil, corrupt communication

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2022, 09:01:27 AM »
So, you want Chris to be grieved over what he said to you even though you aren't even explaining to him why he was wrong? Is that how you think correction is supposed to work between brethren? You just tell someone they're wrong but you give absolutely no explanation, reasoning, or evidence about why, and then you expect them to understand and be grieved over it?  ???
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2022, 09:12:16 AM »
I think it would be best for Christopher to respond to my last reply addressing him before proceeding.  This became a very tangled mess that began with misunderstandings and assumptions that are not correct.

What you’re really doing is accusing everyone else involved of wrongdoing and making them admit to something they are not guilty of so that you don’t have to explain yourself (you’re trying to force them to do it for you). In order to honestly explain yourself, then you need to explain yourself. That’s not difficult to understand. If you think there has been a  misunderstanding, then how does it logically make sense for the ones that misunderstood to explain it when you claim to know the answer? What you’re doing doesn’t make sense except with the understanding that you’re doing all this in dishonesty.

I did not say that "I will address every point."  I said "I hope to" and am able to.

Now you’re just playing word games. You claim there is an abundance of misunderstanding. Simple logic and honesty shows that you need to be the one to explain the misunderstanding since you are the one that claims to understand it. If you’re not going to do that, there is no point in continuing. You’re refusal to give an answer is being contentious, and we don’t want that contention here. It’s pretentious and hypocritical of you to claim that you don’t want strife while also refusing to simply make your points.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 09:29:52 AM by Timothy »

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2022, 10:42:24 AM »
Kenneth. so after reading my introduction and my posts, do you truly think that Christopher's accusations and character assaults against me have been just and warranted?
We are still waiting for you to respond to what has already been addressed to you, and provide evidence of the accusations you've made.

However, if you aren't of a mind to have rational conversations with us we understand. Many people who've come here are like that. Perhaps you can find like-minded people elsewhere.

You are welcome to depart in peace.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2022, 11:24:04 AM »
There is no lack of misunderstandings to maneuver here and I do hope to address every point, reasonably, when I have some down time, soon.  I will pray on this matter and provide all things honestly in the sight of God and man. I am not your enemy.
As soon as I read this, I was thinking, "Yep, he's probably going to leave here in a huff."

Two major points for everyone to consider:
1. There is no lack of misunderstandings to maneuver here
Let me roughly translate that: "You're all wrong." Scott just didn't want to be that direct, and frankly, I would respect the directness much more.

2. I will pray on this matter
Whenever there is a contradiction, conflict, or argument with a professing Christian (not necessarily one who is born again, but one who claims to be), and they begin their sentence with "I will pray on this matter," it is nothing more than an attempt appear righteous on the outside. It's a major warning sign of a serious problem.

If a disciple of Christ cannot solve a matter in his own power, prayer is understandable, and we are called to pray on it. If someone does not know what the right decision is to make in a difficult situation, prayer is understandable. However, it's not understandable if someone has to go pray to figure out if they're going to fix a broken window or feed their children; things that are normal operating procedure.

Likewise, we who are born again in Jesus Christ are called to peace, charity, understanding, and reconciliation (which is Christian or "brethren" doctrine 101), and these things ought to be normal operating procedure. So if Scott needs to go into prayer for that, he's either grandstanding, or he lacks peace, charity, understanding, and reconciliation in his heart, so much that he cannot even have a reasonable conversation with someone who he disagrees with, and that is VERY concerning. If he is a brand new Christian that was just saved recently, I could understand this, but I did not get that impression from his OP.

Christopher, if you are born again and have the Spirit of Christ in you,  would you please take some time and pray in the Spirit about this and after you have prayed unto God, revisit my introduction freshly and read your subsequent responses and tell me if you really think that your replies to me have been righteous?
Which part? I don't know about you, but I typically proof-read my posts about 3 or 4 times before I publish them. I do that with just about everything I write that is of any length because I am always judged for what I say and do, first by God, then by other Christians, and then by the public at large, so I need to take for what I say.
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
-Mat 12:36

I caught you in two lies Scott. We do not ignore those things among brethren. We can forgive that, but not without repentance on your part, and if you want to insist you didn't lie, then you either need to reason the matter out together with us so we can come to an understanding, or you need to depart. If you are unable to do either of those things, then I'll wish you well on your way and show you the door.

However, if you're expecting me to re-read my posts for a 4th or 5th time, and then get an emotional "feeling in the bosom," (kind of like how Mormons want people to "feel the truth") I have no idea what game you're playing. Is there some reason you are unable (or unwilling) to come to this discussion and reason the matter out together in peace and charity?
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
-Gal 5:22-23

I can answer every point,  rightly.
Whenever you're ready, but just keep in mind that when you have to add in the word "rightly," that indicates deception. Someone who is honest does not have to say they are honest; they simply speak honestly.

I would like to resolve the misunderstandings and find fellowship among the saints of God that are here. What I do not want to do is to have strifed, debates, finger pointing,  railings,  accusations back and forth.
I'm sure you believe you look good by saying that, but what you're really offended by is rebuke and correction.
Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.
-Pro 15:10

I can handle correction. I've said wrong things before on this forum, and apologized for those things. I can provide evidence that I am correctable and rebukable. However, I don't think you're used to correction Scott. That's why you're making this much harder than it needs to be.

And Tim made an excellent point:
I thought you said you would address the points made to you and “provide all things honestly before God and man.” Now you’re asking someone else to address you about what they said.

I think it would be best for Christopher to respond to my last reply addressing him before proceeding.
Translation: "I'm gonna' give Chris one last chance to beg for forgiveness before I lay into him."
It's okay. Lay into me. I can take it, even if I did something wrong. I've been doing this the better part of two decades now, so I can handle a basic conversation. We all love the truth of Christ's doctrine here, so if you have that truth laid in your heart, then there should be no conflict with you reasoning out your case, and we encourage you to do so.

I did not say that "I will address every point."  I said "I hope to" and am able to.
This provides some evidence that you do not pay careful attention to what you say. Of course, you did say you "hope to", but you failed to mention what you followed that up with:
I will pray on this matter and provide all things honestly in the sight of God and man.
Of course, this was just more grandstanding. One does not have to say that if one simply provides all things honestly; the evidence will be clear to all. However, in your attempt to grandstand by paraphrasing Proverbs 3:4, you ended up giving your word to provide those things, without realizing that you did it. That's why Solomon also wrote:
Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
-Ecc 5:2

I would prefer that Christopher changes his mind and maybe even be grieved over the way he's dealt with me
I'm responding as I read through this; I haven't read everything he's written so far, and so I did not see this comment until this point. Now do you all see what I mean? Let me repeat what I said earlier:
----------
There is no lack of misunderstandings to maneuver here
Let me roughly translate that: "You're all wrong." Scott just didn't want to be that direct, and frankly, I would respect the directness much more.
----------
Now that he has spoken more, it proves that my analysis of his words was correct. His attitude is that he is right, he came here to educate us, and if any of you question that, then you are not right with God. We've seen this many times on this forum. I just don't understand that attitude because all my righteousness comes from Jesus Christ, not from myself, so the idea that a man cannot be wrong in anything he says and does... I just don't see how it's possible one could be born again in Jesus Christ and live his life with that attitude. Maybe it is possible, but I don't understand it.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
-Rom 10:4

Why can't you just reason with us in the same way God wants to reason with mankind?
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
-Isa 1:18

without railing accusations and character assaults, you know,  a genuine love for God and man,  who is created in His image? If he has the Spirit of Christ and prays in the Spirit, I shall rejoice.
The problem is that we who are born again in Christ don't just pray with the spirit; we pray with the understanding also.
What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
-1Co 14:15

I love you enough to tell you the truth, even if you hate me for it. Are you going to love me enough to tell me the truth, or are you just going to keep complaining?

I know that debates and strifes are common when people disseminate the truths that upset people and that is exactly  the nature and reason for the persecution of the saints of God.  It always has been. In these days of mostly text conversations,  people seem to have more misunderstandings than ever before and much of that comes from reading  with preconceptions or presumptions of intent with the intent to respond.But I'm not your enemy and I'm not coming here with evil intent or evil, corrupt communication
I pointed out that you have a faulty definition of repentance that is not the Biblical definition of repentance, and then I caught you in two lies and pointed them out. That's it. Everything else you said here is pomp. Whenever you want to address the matter at hand, I'm waiting for it... but at this point, you're starting to waste my time, and I really need to get back to work.

Ellie says:
So, you want Chris to be grieved over what he said to you even though you aren't even explaining to him why he was wrong? Is that how you think correction is supposed to work between brethren? You just tell someone they're wrong but you give absolutely no explanation, reasoning, or evidence about why, and then you expect them to understand and be grieved over it?
Good point, but I'm used to that. We've seen people do that many times before just on this forum alone. They want me to repent for daring to question them, but they don't want to say that directly because it's make them look bad.

Tim says:
What you’re really doing is accusing everyone else involved of wrongdoing and making them admit to something they are not guilty of so that you don’t have to explain yourself (you’re trying to force them to do it for you). In order to honestly explain yourself, then you need to explain yourself. That’s not difficult to understand. If you think there has been a  misunderstanding, then how does it logically make sense for the ones that misunderstood to explain it when you claim to know the answer? What you’re doing doesn’t make sense except with the understanding that you’re doing all this in dishonesty.
Also a good point. Part of the evidence for this is that Scott had to come here to say that he had no time to respond. Why even do that at all? Just wait until you have time. No one's in a hurry.

The posts Scott made of him complaining are causing more contention than anything else. However, we need to keep in mind that, so far, all the evidence is pointing to Scott putting on an outward appearance to look "righteous" in all these small posts, instead of just addressing the matter at hand in full when he (allegedly) has time, which would be a lot easier and faster.

Some of the most entertaining speeches in the world come from a child who thinks he can talk his way out of being caught taking a cookie.

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2022, 12:38:06 PM »
So rather than praying and responding in the Spirit of Christ, it becomes 100 more points of contention.  The flesh lusts for a lot of things and all of them are evil and at enmity with God. One such lust is to strive and to devour.
I am not your enemy

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2022, 12:54:03 PM »
So rather than praying and responding in the Spirit of Christ, it becomes 100 more points of contention.  The flesh lusts for a lot of things and all of them are evil and at enmity with God. One such lust is to strive and to devour. I am not your enemy
So rather than responding in the Spirit of Christ, you just keep whining in contention. Perhaps you should put down your strife and explain your grievances to us so we can understand you.

Again, if you refuse, just say so. It's not complicated.